Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Lightning

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
How does Rust not absolutely tear up the AHL? He's been by far the best of our WBS callups the past year or two, yet he doesn't seem to put up the offense you'd expect down there.

He's always been my favourite. Wanted him on the 4th line all year

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
Do we get to see another 3 on 3 full of irresponsible plays and bad line combos followed by a quick loss?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
He's always been my favourite. Wanted him on the 4th line all year

What I like about this particular call up is he's seemed to have adjusted to NHL speed and is starting to show some vision too. One of my big complaints about him last time he was up was he had some serious tunnel vision, but now you see him making some nice passes. That play to Fehr and the pass he had in the second to Kuhn are two plays he never would have made last year.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
How does Rust not absolutely tear up the AHL? He's been by far the best of our WBS callups the past year or two, yet he doesn't seem to put up the offense you'd expect down there.

Highly questionable offensive vision and he doesn't have great goal scoring ability? The rest is good, though. He's a likable player if they don't use him stupidly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad