Proposal: Penguins-Islanders

migi

Feb 25, 2015
1st and Pulock for Kessel
2nd, Bellows and Bailey for Letang
Nelson and Dal Colle for Brassard

As combination that is not be enough for Penguins because they want to compete while Sid and Geno are still elite even though I think as outsider the offer is not that far off.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

As combination that is not be enough for Penguins because they want to compete while Sid and Geno are still elite even though I think as outsider the offer is not that far off.
How could it be more even?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Take the 2019 1st and Pulock out because no team who finished 17 pts out of the last playoff spot and who has huge question marks on D and in goal will trade it's 1st rounder and best young D for a very productive 30 yr old scorer.Defense is the isles biggest need, not scoring.

Then you can take out Bellows and Bailey (with his team friendly $5m salary) . Isles are building around 21 yr old Barzal. 20 yr old Bellows turns pro in Oct. He fits into the direction of the team more then 31 yr old Letang.

Reactions: IODCPiper

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
The only player even remotely interesting for Isles is Brassard. Do we need Letang? Sure, we could use him, but we are going a different path now

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Isn't Dal Colle looking like a bust? Has he had injury problems or just not developing?

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
MDC's ONLY issue is speed. Dude is slow...surprisingly slow. Watching his games when he came up..No joke...I could have blown past him at age 14. His first step was like watching paint dry.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yes, a team that is contending right now is going to trade Kessel, Letang and Brassard for most futures. Great suggestion. This doesn't even touch on the fact that this is piss poor value for the Penguins and it's the classic quantity for quality proposal. The Penguins downgrade from Kessel, Letang and Brassard to Bailey, Pulock and Nelson in exchange for a busting prospect, Bellows a 1st and a 2nd.

All 3 of those are crap value for the Penguins, the Brassard and Kessel ones are especially bad.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isn't Dal Colle looking like a bust? Has he had injury problems or just not developing?
MDC is not developing well.

Last yr he had a brief callup. I am guessing the coaches told him to K.I.S.S.
He did not make any glaring mistakes,but also did not generate any offense

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
giphy.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think NYI needs to add a couple more fringe players and late round picks.:sarcasm:

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Please, a non-Islander fan, explain this to me:

Pre-Pajama Boy leaving, the narrative was something like:

The Islanders need to prove to Tavares they can contend. They need to trade their most valuable prospects and upcoming draft picks for talent now.

Which didn't happen. Pajama Boy left.

Yet I still see these threads where we're packaging upcoming 1st round picks with Bellows, Pulock, Dobson, Wahlstrom+ for veteran help. What's the narrative now? Why are we doing this?

I mean, are people asking Detroit to package Zadina+Veleno+Berggren+2019 1st for veteran help?

Is Vancouver being told to trade Boeser+Pettersson+Hughes+2019 1st for veteran help?

Why do those teams get to keep and develop young cores full of high-end prospects with the hope of turning into contenders a few years down the line, but the Islanders have to cash out on ours for Brassard or Trouba?

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

The Islanders need to prove to Tavares they can contend. They need to trade their most valuable prospects and upcoming draft picks for talent now.

Yet I still see these threads where we're packaging upcoming 1st round picks with Bellows, Pulock, Dobson, Wahlstrom+ for veteran help. What's the narrative now? Why are we doing this?

I mean, are people asking Detroit to package Zadina+Veleno+Berggren+2019 1st for veteran help?

Is Vancouver being told to trade Boeser+Pettersson+Hughes+2019 1st for veteran help?

Why do those teams get to keep and develop young cores full of high-end prospects with the hope of turning into contenders a few years down the line, but the Islanders have to cash out on ours for Brassard or Trouba?

because codee, except for a scant few of us, Islander fans are idiots and the chickens have come home to roost.

it would be okay if our fans would see this and learn from it but you well know most wont

Ive long since given up on our fanbase, this proposal is an insult and youd think every islander fan would rise up and say so, but no its the same few fans defending the team, instead of everyone of them

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

Outside of Barzal and JT, the top scorers on the team are all 28 and their #1 D is 27. Outside of Barzal, their picks and prospects are years away and may be nothing more than busts like many many other Islanders 1st rounders (especially that these are mid round picks).

Therefore, the options are to sell everything and do a full rebuild which Lou doesn't appear to want to do signing multiple guys to long term deals this offseason, OR to add to the core if they believe Barzal is a true #1 C (which many do).

So if you make a deal like this, the Islanders have added a ton to their core that replaces JT and some, that is a playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad