Friedman: Penguins interested in Jack Roslovic

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
The Pittsburgh Penguins have started the season 0-2. We know Jim Rutherford is not afraid. I also believe the Penguins are one of the teams very interested to see if there’s a match.”

Oof Pittsburgh has bigger problems if Rutherford thinks Jack Roslovic is the answer to their slow start and thinking that he'll be the catalyst to trigger their turnaround.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I don't really want to trade him but I'm getting tired of this sitting out, so if we can get a decent return that'd be good.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Pittsburgh makes a real poor trade partner for the Jets, I’m sure Chevy could find a more desirable asset elsewhere.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’d imagine the acquisition would be with the intentions of adding Roslovic to the 3rd line as a winger, but I wouldn’t do that. They’re 3rd line has been the bright spot of the season so far. Crosby and Malkin will get theirs as the season progresses, if GMJR had a brain he’d fire Sullivan and make a move to improve that horrendous defense. Man, I didn’t think there was a worse defenseman in the league than Matheson... until I saw Letang... and then I saw Ceci

TySmith4Norris

Oct 13, 2020
Actually makes a lot of sense for Pittsburgh, they don't have a RW that can slide up into the top 6 and not look terrible if Rust/Kapanen miss time. ERod has been horrific next to Crosby with Kapanen in quarantine

Would be fine with the 2021 2nd and someone like Sceviour/ERod or a prospect they refuse to play like Angello going the other way

But a 1st or a legitimate prospect? Pass. If there were that many teams calling he would've been moved by now. Expansion concerns also going to limit his value to most

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Agreed. Most teams wouldn't. The Penguins, or Rutherford for that matter, will. If Chevy tells Rutherford about Roslovic "being a real pro" on top of "being able to play", then a 1st isn't out of the question. If you're not sure, then go look at what he parted with for Kapanen and compare it to what Fitzgerald gave up for Johnsson.

Again, Jets fans should be cautiously optimistic. The situation will be resolved and they'll get some good assets in return.

Dammit, now I’m hoping against all hope...

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Roslo and a 4th in 2022 for Pitt's 1st in 2022.

I'd love it but Rutherford should be fired if he trades a 1st for Roslovic, I'd take two 2nds or a 2nd and a 3rd/4th, plus a roster player (Rikola?) to make Cap space.

I still think Roslovic is going elsewhere though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad