Salary Cap: Penguins in 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Definitely not. Kunitz has more value than Yakupov at this point and Yakupov isn't a LWer. That's a really bad deal for us value-wise. If we're trading Kunitz to the Oilers, I'd want Pouliot back.

Yep, Kunitz is worth more then Yaks as hard as it is saying that. Yak's nickname here can be yak piss.:sarcasm: Got that from the scorpion king.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Cross post. Saw this comment in another thread, and decided to post it here as well. Not sure what implications (if any) this has on how our D are perceived and what impact this might have on them going forward into the future.

After reading this comment, decided to go have a look at the TOI of some of our blueliners. Was a little surprised - especially with these three. I thought Schultz was getting more TOI then this, and was surprised at how many minutes Cole and Lovejoy were getting - especially with how meh Lovejoy has been in the last two games I've been able to watch (vacations/road trips are hell when it comes catching games).

Letang playing so well is probably a huge reason for the other guys doing well. He takes so much pressure off of them and allows them to be sheltered. If Cole/Schultz/Lovejoy were playing 17 minutes a game I doubt they would look so reliable.

Just an FYI. Cole over his last 7 games has played: 16:59, 16:39, 20:16, 16:02, 16:14, 21:41 and 16:28 for an average of: ~17:45.

Lovejoy over his last 6 games (since coming back from injury) has played: 18:56, 21:06, 19:05, 16:00, 19:30, 20:26 for an average of: ~19:14.

Schultz despite how well he's been playing, has been playing very limited minutes. Less than 13:13 in 4 of his last 5 games, and only averaging about 14:15 over his last 8 games (Mar 20).

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I don't want yak with the expectation of being a top 6 player. And we don't have a bottom 6 spot for him.

This. I'm also not particularly keen on them trying to fix low hockey IQ in a player. Now, if they want to give Hall to us nice and cheap for a season of Kunitz's gritty leadership and Pouliot? That's something I'd be okay with. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad