Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yep Dubas or anyone else is not calling at 3 am June 1st.

Idk why he would lie about this though.
It feels like narcissism. Honestly. He just wanted attention.

And what does even being first matter anymore? I think the days of getting the scoop first is almost over. Better quality discussion and deeper conversations seem to get more clicks nowadays. I mean the Rogan show is #1 and it's long-form. The days of quick hit rumors isn't as popular anymore.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From another poster…I always thought Sullivan might be a sticking point and that the GM wouldn’t have authority to fire him…if Dubas won’t take the job, FSG is going to hire someone who likes Sullivan in the job for the next 5 years lol…

“Just heard Friedman on NHL radio. He said the Dubas situation will come to a head within 24 hours.

He was asked about Sullivan. He thinks that FSG would want Dubas to make it work with Sullivan.

He said he doesn’t know for certain but ownership feels they have one of the best coaches in Sullivan and would have one of the best GM’s in Dubas, so they would prefer to keep them both.

He also said that Sullivan to the Rangers is the Rangers dream scenario…”

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Rossi is a liar :laugh: The people who are actually in the position to accept the job aren't even staying up. Unless he's calling fellow peer Penguin reporters, there is nobody to talk to at 2am.
Maybe he's out an about with Peduto in Shady Side tweeting from his phone?

Reactions: ColePens

Lust for Life

Jun 30, 2018
From another poster…I always thought Sullivan might be a sticking point and that the GM wouldn’t have authority to fire him…if Dubas won’t take the job, FSG is going to hire someone who likes Sullivan in the job for the next 5 years lol…

“Just heard Friedman on NHL radio. He said the Dubas situation will come to a head within 24 hours.

He was asked about Sullivan. He thinks that FSG would want Dubas to make it work with Sullivan.

He said he doesn’t know for certain but ownership feels they have one of the best coaches in Sullivan and would have one of the best GM’s in Dubas, so they would prefer to keep them both.

He also said that Sullivan to the Rangers is the Rangers dream scenario…”

The Capp that is Iced said it will be resolved by Friday so it lines up.

I firmly believe that whoever is the next GM will try and make it work with Sullivan regardless of FSG's disposition. I think the immediate focus will be on making the front office staff more analytics based, including AGMs, scouts and whatever else fancy titles people have these days.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Capp that is Iced said it will be resolved by Friday so it lines up.

I firmly believe that whoever is the next GM will try and make it work with Sullivan regardless of FSG's disposition. I think the immediate focus will be on making the front office staff more analytics based, including AGMs, scouts and whatever else fancy titles people have these days.
There’s a difference between 1) trying to make it work initially because you haven’t seen the team with a modified roster play and you want to assess the team over the start of the season and 2) being told by the owners that the GM can’t fire Sullivan because they love him and think he’s their Belichick lol…why would any GM who fancies himself a good hockey person accept that mandate from the owners…

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
the great thing about dubas hire is that this thread is just as relevant as ever, back to the rossi jokes

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
Its a damn shame he didn't make this decision on Monday, could have saved some webspace.

This is a solid move, FSG got their guy, one of the better younger GMs in the game. Expect some compete and moves this year. Sully needs to step his game up now or he gone.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
There’s a difference between 1) trying to make it work initially because you haven’t seen the team with a modified roster play and you want to assess the team over the start of the season and 2) being told by the owners that the GM can’t fire Sullivan because they love him and think he’s their Belichick lol…why would any GM who fancies himself a good hockey person accept that mandate from the owners…

Pretty much everyone in hockey respects Sully as best we can tell. Apart from everyone liking complete freedom, this really isn't the onus to them that it is to people here.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Its a damn shame he didn't make this decision on Monday, could have saved some webspace.

This is a solid move, FSG got their guy, expect some compete and moves this year. Sully needs to step his game up now or he gone.

or Sullivan is here for the next 5+ years lol…

Pretty much everyone in hockey respects Sully as best we can tell. Apart from everyone liking complete freedom, this really isn't the onus to them that it is to people here.
Sure, hes won Cups 6 years ago…shouldn’t mean he has a lifetime contract like Mike Tomlin does lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad