• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
giphy.gif

All inclusive thread, because the other two were getting ridiculous. Current thinking is that Dubas has been given the weekend to think things over. Why? Probably a lot of reasons, including hes Canadian and its a big move for his family and that most of FSG is overseas for Forumla 1 this weekend.

Continue:

monty-python.gif

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I've been researching a couple of guys and I found a guy named Ron Hextall that could make sense as a GM. Thought on him? He seems like the patient type that would focus on restocking the prospect pool while making small moves to contend.
He got decent talent for flyers rebuild, why not?

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I've been researching a couple of guys and I found a guy named Ron Hextall that could make sense as a GM. Thought on him? He seems like the patient type that would focus on restocking the prospect pool while making small moves to contend.
I could see his laissez-faire approach paying off over the long haul.

I still think Dubas is going to say no. I'm going to guess that Darche or Chayka will be named GM on Wednesday. Could see Chayka as POHO and Darche as GM as well.
I believe Chayka's out of the running for either job.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I still think Dubas is going to say no. I'm going to guess that Darche or Chayka will be named GM on Wednesday. Could see Chayka as POHO and Darche as GM as well.
I feel like Dubas is like 90% or more towards yes at this point. I think if he had serious doubts or reservations about it he wouldn't have met with Sid in Pittsburgh etc.

I think there's a chance he pulls out and he's talking it over with his family but I'd bet he's leaning towards a yes.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I would bet that his choice to go with Pit is leaked/announced within the next couple days. Press conference on Tuesday or something.

Reactions: ChaosAgent

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I lean toward Dubas saying yes but he probably has to talk the wife and kid into the move first. I'd be fine with Darche or Greeley too if Dubas backs out. One good thing about the last regime is that they made it hard to downgrade on them. Should be an improvement no matter who we choose. :laugh:

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
I lean toward Dubas saying yes but he probably has to talk the wife and kid into the move first. I'd be fine with Darche or Greeley too if Dubas backs out. One good thing about the last regime is that they made it hard to downgrade on them. Should be an improvement no matter who we choose. :laugh:
Like the upgrade from late stage JR?

It can ALWAYS get worse

Reactions: Pens x

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Thankfully the core is already signed as he is AWFUL at negotiating. (handed out the worst contracts in the league while Leafs GM)
Yes & Shanahan just sat there with his thumb up his ass & Said & Did Nothing

rho

May 30, 2011
Thankfully the core is already signed as he is AWFUL at negotiating. (handed out the worst contracts in the league while Leafs GM)
Not trying to absolve him of the core 4 contracts, but I think remembering the context there is useful. He played hardball with Nylander, which (despite some people's thinking at the time) turned out to be a very good contract. Winning that battle probably lost him the war though, because Nylander sitting out half the season really turned the heat up on him getting the Matthews and Marner deals done (and as people have noted, the Toronto market can be pretty vicious). He caved a little on them there (Marner more than Matthews, as I think Matthews' AAV would have been fine for an 8 year deal), but he probably thought he could get away with it expecting the cap to keep going up pre-COVID. Lesson learned. As for Tavares, you're going to overpay for UFAs, especially stars. The only way to win is not to play. Does that all bode poorly for him if he comes here? Time will tell.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Why any team would want Edzo is beyond me? Dubas is probably rethinking the offer here if Edzo comes with it lol…

cookthebooks

Oct 4, 2017
yeah if we are going to give dubas the keys eddie o is a perfectly affable good time figurehead leader with zero say in anything

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t see any need for a front-facing guy if it’s Dubas, unless he himself prefers it. Dubas seems plenty media-savvy. And this market isn’t Toronto. Taylor Haase isn’t Steve Simmons.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Edzo would be a major issue. You should be looking for a staff that is aligned on their philosophy.

If you’re going to get an analytical guy and then an old school guy it’s going to cause more issues than it solves.

I don’t know if I’m hockey expert but I know enough about organizational behavior to know that.

Reactions: Andy99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad