GDT: Penguins @ Ducks 5:00 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Hags < Cogs, and that contract of his is going to cost us the better player as the cap/budget squeeze plays out. I already find it very unnerving that Cogs' name is popping up in the rumor mill this year.

Hagelin is a fine 3rd liner if scoring or physicality aren't your thing. He's a nifty player, don't get me wrong, but he's eating up the money of the guy that was supposed to fill the hole Murray created on the 2nd line left wing. If he isn't going to cut it in the top six, then the best thing would be to flip him with whatever is needed to bring in the guy who will. I have no doubt that he will endear himself to us like he did Rangers fans, but Hags just isn't what this team needs right now.

On Sekac, I haven't given up on him being a useful skill player just yet, but I don't see him being the solution to any line that needs him to be the finisher. I'm not sure that he's going to be a playmaker, either, tough to see passing lanes when your eyes never leave your feet. Somebody here described him as a facilitator, which is perfect.

Now we have Maroon slumping hard, and Ritchie, while hanging in there, probably needs to go back down until he's ready to make an impact. The hole left by Beleskey looks huge right now.

Agreed. IMO, the best thing to do would be to trade Hagelin for a top 6 winger (obviously we'd add). Right now Sekac has no place on this team IMO. I don't see him as a fit for the 2nd line LW, and we have better options for the 4th line. However, if we trade Hags for an upgrade to the 2nd line, Sekac may be a fit on a line with Horcoff and Cogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad