GDT: Penguins @ Ducks 5:00 PM PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
With the Sharks and Coyotes finishing up their early season pushes, the Ducks could actually be in second place in the Pacific by the new year. Gibson will probably have to have a .5 GAA to get there, but it would be amazing the way they've been playing.

Of course that will just set me up for another BB coached Game 7 meltdown this Spring.

John

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Man, if we start scoring goals, we might actually be pretty good.

Gibson is playing some nice hockey, but there's a part of me that think's he's been solid, and a little lucky more than domination. Either way, I'll take it.

btw, wtf is up with Fox Sports all of a sudden immediately showing a replay right after the game ends and skipping the players coming onto the ice to congratulate Gibby? They have done this a few games in a row now I think. How annoying!

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
I can't think of a team that would be on the buyer market for a goalie and selling a top 6 forward that we could afford. If those two moves happen (moving Andersen, acquiring a top 6 forward) I don't see it being in the same trade.

Chia and Murray need to get moving already..

Andersen for Eberle possible?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Gibson is better than Andersen. Trade him (Freddy) while he has solid value.

I'm as happy as anyone that Gibby is playing solid hockey but this isn't even his first stretch of solid goaltending. I want to see how he does in his next...say 6 games before you can even make that call.

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Gibson is playing some nice hockey, but there's a part of me that think's he's been solid, and a little lucky more than domination. Either way, I'll take it.

i think there is truth in this for tonight, PIT hit like 3 post and malkin lost the puck on that chance in the final 2 mins. of the game....but overall he has been solid.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I did such a good job not looking at my phone for the score so I can watch it when I get home, but my neighbor ruined all that by letting me know the final score. I was mad for two seconds than quickly changed my mind when I processed the fact that we won

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Kesler (14/18) dominated Malkin (4/20) in faceoffs tonight.

Even though Kesler isn't producing like we all want him to, he is definitely making his presence felt in other ways.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
Kesler (14/18) dominated Malkin (4/20) in faceoffs tonight.

Even though Kesler isn't producing like we all want him to, he is definitely making his presence felt in other ways.

That's all I want from him. Be dominat on face offs and shut down the other teams best line

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
Had a very obnoxious group of Penguins fans behind us at the game. After it ended one of them threw a cup of beer at some random girl in the row behind us. Disgusting behavior, but I won't judge an entire fanbase based on a couple bad apples. Still annoying to have to sit near people like that.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Pitsburgh played on 2nd night of back to backs. By the way they are averaging 3d most SA per game with 31.7 yet we still managed to do only 25.

Pit made more shots(24) vs us on their 2nd back to backs than the night before vs Kings (20)

I didn`t saw the game but were we really that good or Pitsburgh was just bad?

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
just finished, good game, fun to watch.

bieska saved that goal by malkin but was absolute crap every time i noticed him other than that. am i just seeing what i want here or is he actually as bad as i think he is?

rakell continues to look like a first line play maker.

fowler is being this year's fowler.

gibson played well, but something about him makes think he is shaky or kind of lucky sometimes.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's really sad we're paying Hagelin and Silf almost 8 million combined and they aren't good enough to get on the power play over Stewart apparently

We're playing better though. Kesler's line needs a playmaker that can draw defenders from Kesler and Silfverberg. I'd be taking a look at other teams NHL ready forward prospects and dangling Theodore in a swap. Neither of Kesler/Silf are skilled enough with the puck right now for Ritchie to succeed in that role. Ritchie deserves a bit of a pass, he's not exactly in a position to score goals with those two. He's kind of a non-factor which is understandable given his situation

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
It's really sad we're paying Hagelin and Silf almost 8 million combined and they aren't good enough to get on the power play over Stewart apparently

We're playing better though. Kesler's line needs a playmaker that can draw defenders from Kesler and Silfverberg. I'd be taking a look at other teams NHL ready forward prospects and dangling Theodore in a swap. Neither of Kesler/Silf are skilled enough with the puck right now for Ritchie to succeed in that role. Ritchie deserves a bit of a pass, he's not exactly in a position to score goals with those two. He's kind of a non-factor which is understandable given his situation

How about Ritchie with Twins and Rakell with Kesbae and Silf?

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't think we played very well. Crosby is struggling just as much as Getzlaf is. Shocked to see how ineffective he was. Our best player IMO, was Kesler. I hate saying it, as I still think he's the best fit for that line, but Ritchie needs to back down to the AHL. He's just not ready. Hagelin and Bieksa continue to be disastrous acquisitions by Murray. Glad to see Lindholm playing better, but I still think he's well behind Fowler and Vatanen though. That said, he's quite a bit younger than both as well.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

jiri_sekac_anaheim_1516.jpg

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Geeze past 2 games Chris Stewart is on a roll!!haha ....

2gp. 1g. 1a. 2pts. +2. 5pims. 2 hits in only 14:18 mins of total ice in those games(06:13toi on Friday and 08:05toi last night)

the assist on Friday was a game winning assist and the goal last night was game winning goal!!!

a serviceable 4th liner you got

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
i think there is truth in this for tonight, PIT hit like 3 post and malkin lost the puck on that chance in the final 2 mins. of the game....but overall he has been solid.

I'll have to look at the replay again, but for some reason I thought that Malkin play was offside. As for posts, two I believe - one from Bennett on the 2-on-1 and another off the crossbar from the point (don't remember who shot it).

But you gotta be good to be lucky..

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The hagelin hate is a bit out of whack because of circumstances; IE, price tag and who he replaced.

Taken in a vacuum I think he's been playing very well on that line.

For comparison's sake we all hated cogliano in his first year here as well, its going to take time.

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg
The hagelin hate is a bit out of whack because of circumstances; IE, price tag and who he replaced.

Taken in a vacuum I think he's been playing very well on that line.

For comparison's sake we all hated cogliano in his first year here as well, its going to take time.
Not comparable to Cogliano, back then he still believed he was something he wasn't at the NHL level and played position he's not best at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad