LeBrun: Penguins & Coyotes have had multiple discussions around Chychrun

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Trade 1st 2024 and 2025 and they take Dumo or Petts for cap space. Dumo has a 10 no trade list so Zona may be on it. But where will Pens be in 2026 anyway. Those picks are precious as Pens will be drafting very high by then. He is not a LD that has been healthy or playing in tough situations like playoffs. someone will trade for him but Pens can't give them their future when they will be drafting very high.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think Washington saw the writing on the wall with NJ, Detriot, Buffalo all on the rise and TB, Tor, Car, NYR being much younger and realized they need to rebuild.

Pittsburg....even with a retool are probably bubble in at best the next couple seasons.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Me personally, I’d happily do Chychrun for Pickering, ‘23 1sr, ‘23 2nd.

Nah. A better prospect than that. And pay extra for the dump.

Yes, you are missing a tremendous amount. His advanced metrics are through the roof and any teams that face the Coyotes regularly understand how hard he makes it to play Arizona.

If you let in 5 goals on 50 shots, that’s .900 but it’s also 45 saves. That’s Vejmelka. Especially when you look at high danger and saves above expected.

IMO, he still let up 5 goals. Share the stats, enlighten me.

And DeSmith is not a dump. He is a backup goaltender with a 1.8 mil AAV with a career .913 sv%. He is included because the money needs to work and the Pens don't need three goalies with 1 way deals. And the Coyotes need a goalie for the rest of the season. I included Puustinen because he is producing at the AHL level. If the Coyotes would rather have Poulin or Hallander, then I'm fine with that.

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
Trade 1st 2024 and 2025 and they take Dumo or Petts for cap space. Dumo has a 10 no trade list so Zona may be on it. But where will Pens be in 2026 anyway. Those picks are precious as Pens will be drafting very high by then. He is not a LD that has been healthy or playing in tough situations like playoffs. someone will trade for him but Pens can't give them their future when they will be drafting very high.
Petts is not a cap dump.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Lol at the Pens fans who only recently turned on Sully and Hextall. Where have you been over the last two years?

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I wouldn't do the Penguins 2025 and 2026 1st, but I'd easily do the 2023 1st (lottery protected) and see if you can make the deal work without adding another 1st rounder.

Ultimately, I don't think the Penguins will trade for him though. Hextall will refuse to trade the picks.

Reactions: Hamurai

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
the pens are candidates to fall off a cliff shortly. it would be an incredible coup for the yotes to get post-dated first rounders off them for chycrun.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I could see something like Kapanen+Bleuger+2023 1st+2024 2nd.

Kapanen could be a decent player for them I think as he would get much more of a shot there than here, especially if they trade Schmaltz.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Too little too late. These two clowns have already cratered this season. Blow up the front office, reload and try again next year. In reality they really have one more shot at this, next season.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
I'm a bit leery of Penguins picks in 2025 & 2026 unless they are NOT lottery protected. Hopefully Sid and crew stay healthy, but any significant or extended injuries could result in a bad Penguins season....and they've proven to be one of the best tanking teams in the last 30 years.....but to their credit they don't waste their 1st overall picks like the Oilers....and win Stanley Cups.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yet he extended him for no reason.. Hextall is a terrible GM and MS is a horrible coach who needs to be fired. Guys are done playing for him, well 2 years too late anyways
Do you honestly think that extension came from Hextall and not the Boston based ownership who pal around with Sully at Fenway during the summer? Mike Sullivan for all intents and purposes is the Czar of the Pens until FSG realizes he's past his expiration date by about 3 years.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Do you honestly think that extension came from Hextall and not the Boston based ownership who pal around with Sully at Fenway during the summer? Mike Sullivan for all intents and purposes is the Czar of the Pens until FSG realizes he's past his expiration date by about 3 years.
Fine, but then Hextall should have been a big boy and walked out the same way JR did!

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Do you honestly think Bill Armstrong is feeding information to a Pittsburgh beat writer about internal conversations between Pittsburgh’s management?

Not sure how you get to that conclusion when the common denominator is Arizona, not Pittsburgh or LA. Basically I’m not saying any reporter is doing anything. I’m saying Arizona may be having someone else they know to leak to the reporters.

For example if Arizona with their sky high price is doing all of the calling to other teams’ GMs, that can be considered “talks” even though it’s completely one-sided.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Me personally, I’d happily do Chychrun for Pickering, ‘23 1sr, ‘23 2nd.

That is definitely a better proposal and something we'd probably look at if the team wasn't complete @s. We've won 8 of our last 25 with another 8 game losing streak early this year.. I don't think Chyc can make miracles here.

We sit 10th in the East with no sign for improvement. Chyc wants to go to a contender (as he should) thats not us anymore because we are a lottery team right now.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
“A differing view between Hextall and Sullivan”

Yeah that’s not good when GM and coach aren’t on the same page
It's even worse for the team when both of them are dolts and have each been a major factor in the problems currently plaguing the Penguins. Neither of them should have a job in Pittsburgh right now.

Reactions: DJB

BillyOcean

Jan 2, 2015
For those outside the Pittsburgh area, if there's a rumor attached to a Pittsburgh sports media member, 100% of the time it is the media member getting false information or LARPing. LeBrun, who isn't the safeguard to 100% accurate reporting himself, simply mentioned the two teams were talking and not specificially about Chychrun.

The next time a member of the Pittsburgh sports media breaks a trade or story, it will be the first.

Rutherford was the most open and obnoxiously obvious GMs in the league, and Rossi and the morons couldn't break one trade. Now, with Hextall being notorious for his secrecy, they suddenly have "sources" in the room. Yeah, sure.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I can see why the Penguins would want Chychrun. What i don't see, is what on earth they'd have to offer the Yotes that other teams couldn't top?

The only really attractive thing would be a couple of their 1st round picks if you want to bet on their death spiral continuing. Making those picks more attractive. But even still, it's hard to see them going completely in the tank right away. They're still going to be a middling/bubble team, especially adding a piece like Chychrun to help bolster their back end.

I guess Pickering has value too.

But given the prices it sounds like Arizona want for Chychrun...i'm not sure how they win out over other suitors, unless the Yotes really do prefer to bet on the quality of those picks going up.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00