LeBrun: Penguins & Coyotes have had multiple discussions around Chychrun

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The assets that we shouldn't be moving.... Franchise will never learn, I can't believe the Caps are being smarter than us right now!
Bah, the Caps are in a "we do not give a f*** about anything other than Ovechkin getting the record mode". Easier for them to be sellers and prepare life after Ovechkin.

I do not think Letang and Malkin would have re-signed if management had not made it clear to them that they would go all in.

Anyway, what could we sell that would return valuable assets and let us "reset" the supporting cast?

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
That would have to be BOTH 1sts AND Pickering if you want Vejmelka too.
That is really steep but honestly I'd do it. You'd have to take Kapanen's contract off our hands of course.

But in theory that solves 2 massive issues for the Pens. We'd then need to salvage our bottom-6 with assets from trading Jarry/Zucker/Dumo.

Reactions: PainForShane

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yet he extended him for no reason.. Hextall is a terrible GM and MS is a horrible coach who needs to be fired. Guys are done playing for him, well 2 years too late anyways
This reminds me of when Maloney wanted Provorov 3rd, Tippett wanted to trade the pick for Hamilton, and the scouts threatened to quit on the spot if they didn’t take Strome. Maloney caved to the scouts and picked Strome. Tippett later stages a coup with some minority owners to ouster Maloney. Tippett (with a new front office title) installed a “puppet” in Chayka - who fired all the scouts anyway, and later arraigned to have Tippett himself kicked to the curb.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
AZ banking on PIT falling off a cliff once Sid is 38 and they have to blow up an old ass roster. PIT could flip Chychrun to recoup some of those assets, but its not looking like a bright future in PIT. They have shit prospects and really old stars.

Reactions: Jakey53

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If I were a Penguins fan...Pittsburg need to shit or get off the pot.

As a fan of a team in their division....yes please keep aiming for 10th in the east.

Dr Danglefest

Lindros|Giroux|Krug
May 29, 2010
THE SouthShore, MASS
The article says AZ wants the ‘25 & ‘26 1sts as part of the package but Hextall doesn’t want to trade ANY 1sts. The article also suggests Hextall is trying to move Kapanen.
Haha imagine trying to trade for a player like Chychrun with a bottom 5 prospect pool and take any 1st round pick off the table? Absolutely wild

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
LA is the least leaky team in the NHL. Yet there were rumors abound. Then LA directly calls Clarke’s team, Ari’s trade target in LA for Chychrun, that he won’t be traded at all. My guess is these “proposals” are all crap put out by Arizona’s side to drum up interest and drive up the price, including this Pittsburgh “interest”.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
That is really steep but honestly I'd do it. You'd have to take Kapanen's contract off our hands of course.

But in theory that solves 2 massive issues for the Pens. We'd then need to salvage our bottom-6 with assets from trading Jarry/Zucker/Dumo.

With our window closed absolutely Not. 2025 and 2026 are likely to be lottery years. No ****** way. I'll side with Sleepy here.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
If I were a Penguins fan...Pittsburg need to shit or get off the pot.

As a fan of a team in their division....yes please keep aiming for 10th in the east.
In a perfect world they just punt at the deadline. Moving Dumo Teddy mcginn archabald heine for picks.
Consider moving rust and just retool in the offseason

Reactions: domaug

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
LA is the least leaky team in the NHL. Yet there were rumors abound. Then LA directly calls Clarke’s team, Ari’s trade target in LA for Chychrun, that he won’t be traded at all. My guess is these “proposals” are all crap put out by Arizona’s side to drum up interest and drive up the price, including this Pittsburgh “interest”.
Do you honestly think Bill Armstrong is feeding information to a Pittsburgh beat writer about internal conversations between Pittsburgh’s management?

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
The Athletic reporting that PHO wants our 1sts in '25 and '26 but Hextall doesn't want to give them up.
Which is smart because Pittsburgh is probably going to be ass in those years even with Chychrun.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Bah, the Caps are in a "we do not give a f*** about anything other than Ovechkin getting the record mode". Easier for them to be sellers and prepare life after Ovechkin.

I do not think Letang and Malkin would have re-signed if management had not made it clear to them that they would go all in.

Anyway, what could we sell that would return valuable assets and let us "reset" the supporting cast?
Zucker, Dumo, Blueger, Jarry, Rust, Kapanen, Pettersson. Those guys should all be made available if you ask me. Use picks to draft and also trade for better younger players going forward

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Price for Vejmelka ought to be a first, or two 2nds, or a 2nd and a prospect.

2nd and a prospect makes sense for me. Like 2nd + Puustinen + Desmith.

But no way a 1st, I don't understand the value of Vejmelka. He has played 92 NHL games and has a .900 SV%. I know people will say "But Arizona" But how much better do you really think he can be on a better team? Is he really considered a #1 franchise goaltender on a better team?

I don't see it but maybe I am missing something from an advanced stats perspective that would make him worth a lottery pick.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
With our window closed absolutely Not. 2025 and 2026 are likely to be lottery years. No ****** way. I'll side with Sleepy here.
Me personally, I’d happily do Chychrun for Pickering, ‘23 1sr, ‘23 2nd.

2nd and a prospect makes sense for me. Like 2nd + Puustinen + Desmith.

But no way a 1st, I don't understand the value of Vejmelka. He has played 92 NHL games and has a .900 SV%. I know people will say "But Arizona" But how much better do you really think he can be on a better team? Is he really considered a #1 franchise goaltender on a better team?

I don't see it but maybe I am missing something from an advanced stats perspective that would make him worth a lottery pick.
Nah. A better prospect than that. And pay extra for the dump.

Yes, you are missing a tremendous amount. His advanced metrics are through the roof and any teams that face the Coyotes regularly understand how hard he makes it to play Arizona.

If you let in 5 goals on 50 shots, that’s .900 but it’s also 45 saves. That’s Vejmelka. Especially when you look at high danger and saves above expected.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
The 25 and 26 firsts are too much to ask for. We could be a lottery team either of those years.

I'd do this year's first + a few of our top prospects. Is that enough for Arizona? Probably not, no. But it's the best we could do.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00