Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Colorado Avalanche 12/9/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Yeah, plus I can't see them rallying for MJ.

Yeah, I don't know about that. They might or they might not, maybe rallying is the wrong word. Develop some pride and a backbone might be more accurate, but they need to do that for themselves and maybe Johnston should be leading that charge if the coaching staff snuffed it out. There's a big difference between apathy and actively trying to get a coach fired, this team always seems apathetic, practically incapable of rallying most of the time.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
wow so they are that bad

Whats the problem , i read here its the coach is that true? What about jim rutherford was trading for kessel the right move ,from outside perspective it didn't seem Pittsburgh need scoring , but what they needed was defense.

By the way do Pittsburgh fans like Kessel trade or even just kessel as an player?

you think this based on what? going games without scoring a goal? crosby's 40 point pace? lmao

i'm so happy from scuderi and dupuis being out that i don't even care that clendening is. they really like warsofsky rn but they will move on probably

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Dupuis is not playing anymore. Scuderi is sitting. Sprong is in the lineup. Dont' know about you guys, but I'm happy.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, I don't know about that. They might or they might not, maybe rallying is the wrong word. Develop some pride and a backbone might be more accurate, but they need to do that for themselves and maybe Johnston should be leading that charge if the coaching staff snuffed it out. There's a big difference between apathy and actively trying to get a coach fired, this team always seems apathetic, practically incapable of rallying most of the time.

I think it's apathy, not deliberately trying to get MJ fired. They've had a few situations that called out for showing pride and backbone, but instead the team seemed to collectively say "meh" and had no response. They just don't strike me right now as the rallying type.

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
Who's brave enough to take a shot every time Steigy and Errey mention what a great player Dupuis was and how much he'll be missed?

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Scuds out, Sprong in, I'm medium excited. No Clendening is disappointing to say the least.

What were the practice pairings anyways?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hope we lose until JR fires Johnston and Tocchet.

There is no reason on Earth that Kunitz should be in the lineup over Plotnikov, ever.

Scratching Scuderi and dressing Sprong is a good start though. Now let's see Sprong get more than 8 minutes of TOI, and in the top-9.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Playing with Plotnikov and Cullen is good for Sprong. I'd like to see that line get more TOI than a typical 4th line, so we'll see.

I want to see Sprong finish off one of those Plotnikov passes Fehr failed to convert. Hopefully that's tonight.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
What's the over under for how many times Root mentions how important Dupuis was to the team and in the locker room during tonight's broadcast?

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Were there lines listed anywhere today?

Not that I saw buy yesterday in practice they were

Kunitz/Sid/Bennett

Perron/Geno/Kessel

Fehr/Bonino/Honry

Plots/Cullen/Sprong

Media was speculating they would run this at forward and this at D

Mattaa/Letang
Dumo/LJ
Cole/Warsofsky

Scuds & Clendening scratched.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

Kunitz/Sid/Bennett

Perron/Geno/Kessel

Fehr/Bonino/Honry

Plots/Cullen/Sprong

Mattaa/Letang
Dumo/LJ
Cole/Warsofsky

Interesting. If Kunitz plays the way he has the past two games, those aren't awful even if I prefer anyone other than him on the first line.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Interesting. If Kunitz plays the way he has the past two games, those aren't awful even if I prefer anyone other than him on the first line.

That's exactly how I feel. I don't want him in the Top 6, but if the trade off is Kunitz with Sid, but we get the rest of that lineup I am fine with it.

MJ should send Dupuis an edible arrangement because retiring and forcing him to play Plots and Sprong probably saved his job for an extra game or 2.

Pure speculation on my point, but I would bet $$$ that JR told MJ to start sitting Scuderi as of tonight.

Penguinsyay

Jul 20, 2007
Scuds out and Sprong being in is always a plus. Hopefully Spronger gets a decent amount of ice time. I'm pretty sure I remember MJ made some comments about Sprong maybe playing on the third or being shuffled around (even though he was practicing on the 4th).

Warsofsky better have a very good game with no penalties, or he's out of here come next game. I wonder if he'll still be seeing PP time with Letang back, probably on the second unit I would guess.

Fordy

May 28, 2008

Kunitz/Sid/Bennett

Perron/Geno/Kessel

Fehr/Bonino/Honry

Plots/Cullen/Sprong

Mattaa/Letang
Dumo/LJ
Cole/Warsofsky

i imagine scuderi is somewhere fuming that they're playing 6 "offensive defensemen"

High Flying Birds

Aug 29, 2009
Victoria, B.C
Dupuis is not playing anymore. Scuderi is sitting. Sprong is in the lineup. Dont' know about you guys, but I'm happy.

We still need a better coach than MJ and a good 2nd pairing guy but it's progress. Be interesting to see how the team comes out after the Dupuis announcement. It could go either way with this squad tbh

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
i imagine scuderi is somewhere fuming that they're playing 6 "offensive defensemen"

****ing Lovejoy with his ability to shoot the puck and have people call it a shot.

You damn well know that Scuderi will be silently critiquing everyone's effort, defensive play and demeanor. "Well I never, that defenseman went after the puck instead of preparing to block the shot 5 seconds later. The nerve of that young whippersnapper. No respect for good, honest, hardworking defensive work. Scoundrels."

Fordy

May 28, 2008
****ing Lovejoy with his ability to shoot the puck and have people call it a shot.

You damn well know that Scuderi will be silently critiquing everyone's effort, defensive play and demeanor. "Well I never, that defenseman went after the puck instead of preparing to block the shot 5 seconds later. The nerve of that young whippersnapper. No respect for good, honest, hardworking defensive work. Scoundrels."

silently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad