Pre-Game Talk: Penguins @ Colorado Avalanche 12/9/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm interested in seeing what kind of effort the pens players put into this game knowing there coach is sitting on a very hot seat.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I'm interested in seeing what kind of effort the pens players put into this game knowing there coach is sitting on a very hot seat.

It's probably irrelevant. This will either be "for Duper!" or shell shocked because of Dupuis game. Even if not having to worry about him dying during a game will most likely be good for them long term.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
clendening? out? so close to being right. but im fine with LJ. but not cole, hes garbage
so im guessing
maatta-letang
dumo-LJ
cole-warsofky

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
Is Johnston feeling heat? He seriously can't last too much longer, can he? pens have 7 games before Christmas and I'd be shocked if they pick up 7 points during that stretch.

sauce66871

Dec 14, 2011
Man this really grinds my gears. Anytime Johnston knows he's on the hot seat, he makes the needed adjustment. If you know Scuds is terrible, why continually play the jackass. It's not like you can save your best lineup for the playoffs when you aren't even going to make them.

The man should coach every game as if it's his last.

Penguinzilla*

hi im just wondering on how Pittsburgh is doing this year ?, i know the standings and points but they don't tell the hole story (by the way i am not i penguins fan)

"hole story" about sums it up

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Clendening must hate life. I'd rather have him in over Warsofsky because that size is concerning and I doubt he'll be more than AHL fodder long term, but I'll take Scuderi being out over most things.

Woah. No Scuderi or Dupuis in a game. Are we entering a new era?

It's scary and I feel afraid. Play Kunitz for 30 minutes and bring back Craigers.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
i remember the last time there was talk about MJ on the hot seat he also sat Scuderi. So either its 1. MJ is told he HAS to play Scuderi, but when the job is on the line he just says "screw this, im not losing my job over Scuderi"

Or it is 2. MJ WANTS to play Scuderi, and when the job is on the line management tells him "sit Scuderi if you wanna keep your job"

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

Yeah, I'm wondering that, too. Especially since Clendening was the other name dropped by GMJR. I'd rather see Cole or Warsofsky joining Scuderi in the press box, but at least Scuderi isn't playing tonight. Small victories, I suppose.

TheGreat

Dec 5, 2012
wow so they are that bad

Whats the problem , i read here its the coach is that true? What about jim rutherford was trading for kessel the right move , from outside perspective it didn't seem Pittsburgh need scoring , but what they needed was defense.

By the way do Pittsburgh fans like Kessel trade or even just kessel as an player?

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
i remember the last time there was talk about MJ on the hot seat he also sat Scuderi. So either its 1. MJ is told he HAS to play Scuderi, but when the job is on the line he just says "screw this, im not losing my job over Scuderi"

Or it is 2. MJ WANTS to play Scuderi, and when the job is on the line management tells him "sit Scuderi if you wanna keep your job"

I'm not entirely sure MJ has been making the call on lineups. He's rarely had much good to say about Scuderi. Agnew, on the other hand, has publicly praised Scuderi. He's also coaches the defense and PK, and so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's been the one deciding who plays and who doesn't as far as defenders go.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
It's probably irrelevant. This will either be "for Duper!" or shell shocked because of Dupuis game. Even if not having to worry about him dying during a game will most likely be good for them long term.

Yeah, plus I can't see them rallying for MJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad