GDT: Penguins @ Chicago - 20:00 EST - NBCSN/TVAS/Centre Ice

Will We Beat The Hawks For The First Time Since 2014 tonight?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Our bottom six is reminding me of the days of Taylor Pyatt and Rob Klinkhammer. Yikes.

Well top six, we're going to need you to show up.
Get Hornqvist and Simon back and the bottom 6 starts looking a lot better. Just gotta try to win it with three lines until that happens.

Guentzel Crosby Hornqvist
Pearson Malkin Kessel
Simon Brassard Rust
Cullen Sheahan ZAR
Grant

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
We're safe as long as we leave Kunitz a wide open shooting lane

w768xh576_kun.jpg

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
By the by, @EightyOne , that was one of the very few times in hockey where I seriously lost my mind. When Kunitz passed that up, I had nightmares of a situation where we lose because of it. If he scores there, we walk away with that game. It doesn't even need to be close.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
By the by, @EightyOne , that was one of the very few times in hockey where I seriously lost my mind. When Kunitz passed that up, I had nightmares of a situation where we lose because of it. If he scores there, we walk away with that game. It doesn't even need to be close.
It's kind of the issue I have with a lot of players here. Even their comments are just dumb as shit.

"When you play with a talent like that, all you have to do is give them the puck as much as possible and stay out of the way"

That's literally the f***ing motto, when really, it should be "play your god damn f***ing game you dumb f***, they'll adjust accordingly."

Reactions: Andy99 and ColePens

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Someone please explain to me why this coaching staff is so eager to get Cullen back on the ice?...I mean I’m not a Wilson fan but by any metric Cullen has been our worst forward this year, CF%, FF% etc, you name it, and he’s looked just as horrible by the eye test as well...I guess this is ZAR and JJ syndrome...by any measure Cullen should be in the press box with the other “dads”

Reactions: Victor Z

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Someone please explain to me why this coaching staff is so eager to get Cullen back on the ice?...I mean I’m not a Wilson fan but by any metric Cullen has been our worst forward this year, CF%, FF% etc, you name it, and he’s looked just as horrible by the eye test as well...I guess this is ZAR and JJ syndrome...by any measure Cullen should be in the press box with the other “dads”

Cullen was over played, that's the issue. You can't play a guy that age, the kinds of minutes you gave him 2-3yrs ago. For one, he's not a 28yr old coming back at 31-32, he's a 42yr old that only has so much left in the tank. We had Grant and Hayes signed as 4th line depth, Hayes is meh, but Grant has been serviceable and they didn't even bother to rotate him in and out to keep Cullen fresh. So now most have soured on Cullen, I think he's a solid guy, but maybe as a LW that slides in at C sometimes.

Cullen, Grant, Aston-Reese as our 4th line would't be a bad thing.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

If the options are Cullen or Wilson, I'd still take this version of Cullen any day. Wilson simply does not have NHL-level skills. Cullen's have deteriorated, but they're still 4th line caliber.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I pulled the stats last year, but hot damn... Chicago dominates us in the Sid/Geno era. Dominates. The goals against is brutal.

They're bad enough this year that maybe, just maybe, we can win...I mean not lose 10-2.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That play might be the greatest troll in Penguins history. If we had lost that game he never would have lived it down.

Yes he would have, because it would've been Geno's fault for not expecting the pass back.

Sadly, I can't even add the sarcasm emoji.

Reactions: Pancakes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad