Confirmed with Link: Penguins build the perfect insult to your intelligence

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
It would be great if Beau focused on actually playing hockey, not generating comments on twitter.

The guy is 23 years old and doesn't even have 100 NHL games under his belt, yet he finds the time to go on twitter.

If I were him, I would be hitting the gym and working on my game..

We have a Debbie downer!

Fordy

May 28, 2008
It would be great if Beau focused on actually playing hockey, not generating comments on twitter.

The guy is 23 years old and doesn't even have 100 NHL games under his belt, yet he finds the time to go on twitter.

how old are you? you know what twitter is right? maybe it takes you an hour to write 140 characters but for normal people it's like 5 seconds

this actually puts a lot of your posts in perspective

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
if Beau could fill out and get strong....Look out. He's a big kid height wise but he's almost as skinny as Sutter.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
if Beau could fill out and get strong....Look out.

Bennett is 6'2", 200lbs. The issue is not him getting stronger or bigger. The issue is finding a way to allow him to play a game that fits his skillset. You don't ask Rob Scuderi to lead a breakout or pull off end-to-end rushes, or launch bombs from the point. You don't ask a 23-year old creative rollerblader to grind *****es down.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Bennett is 6'2", 200lbs. The issue is not him getting stronger or bigger. The issue is finding a way to allow him to play a game that fits his skillset. You don't ask Rob Scuderi to lead a breakout or pull off end-to-end rushes, or launch bombs from the point. You don't ask a 23-year old creative rollerblader to grind *****es down.

Good point. But i still think he's too skinny.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

Cassius... this is your worst post ever. :laugh:

He's 23. Did you already forget what being 23 was like? We are still young guys ourselves, I believe. Hockey players have free time. If you practice, study film, and go to the gym - it's an 8 hour day. You cannot literally stay in a gym for 10 hours a day. That would be weird and not healthy for your body.

People are allowed to be on social media. It's not some double standard because a kid is a pro athlete. He's still a kid.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

Yeah because a cellphone isn't on you for a quick reply or anything.

Did you mix up the buttermilk carton with the milk carton for your cereal this morning?

if Beau could fill out and get strong....Look out. He's a big kid height wise but he's almost as skinny as Sutter.

Actually, I think he's got more weight on him than Sutter does. It doesn't help that he's always screwed with an injury which hinders his training. But if he can finally stay healthy like he has been as of late, he will have a good opportunity to build on this season.

I still say no to moving him. He has a future on this team.

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA

I know about 10 people have already quoted you, but it's really that bad.

Cassius... this is your worst post ever. :laugh:

What this guy said....

As to the link...I hate it. I hate it so much.

Geno, Sid, Letang, Hornqvist, and Perron, but while we're at it, throw in some Lucic and Neal to cover just about everything else.

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
Yeah because a cellphone isn't on you for a quick reply or anything.

Did you mix up the buttermilk carton with the milk carton for your cereal this morning?

Actually, I think he's got more weight on him than Sutter does. It doesn't help that he's always screwed with an injury which hinders his training. But if he can finally stay healthy like he has been as of late, he will have a good opportunity to build on this season.

I still say no to moving him. He has a future on this team.

So I'm not the only one?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
So I'm not the only one?

Cassius has one good point in that sour puss post of his. He hasn't played a lot and it's because he's had freak unlucky injuries to deal with that can set a lot of people back but when he is confident and not torn down from the injuries, he has a ton of promise.

And yeah, it worries me that they see Adams in that light, I mean my goodness. I thought Shero and Bylsma were idiots with that and it would change, I hope they move this guy and his nut daps to players after wins off the team asap.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
Does Craig Adams have compromising photos of David Morehouse somewhere?

Because it's the only way to explain the constant ball-licking the Pens' PR department gives him.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Lmao...Craig Adams for endurance? I would still put Pascal Dupuis for that one.

To be fair, the chart really didn't give him credit for anything other than being able to play while hurt. I think if you were building the perfect Penguin, playing a lot of games would be key. Obviously Craig can play while injured because his average suckage isn't increased by the injury or nobody can notice since he doesn't bring anything to the table anyway.

At any rate, I'm not sure, if I were Adams, that I would feel all that proud about my only good characteristic being willing to "lace up his skates if needed" :laugh:.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
lol come on man. The dude can't take 10 minutes out of his day to check Twitter?
It took ~20 seconds to tweet that. I don't think it's going to interrupt his play/training. He could have tweeted that between reps.

#LeaveBeauAlone

Part of it might also be the Pens media department telling him to post. Notice how the Pens post randomly but in bursts.

Laugh all you guys want, but Bennett got scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.. Could that be indicative that dude spends way too much time on social media and not enough time working? It's possible.

He's extremely active on social media.. he sends out more tweets than a teenage girl. That's somewhat disconcerting when you consider that he was scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.

To make it in the NHL, it requires an insane work ethic.. and I'm not sure Beau has that mindset. From what I've seen from Bennett, he seems like a guy who enjoys spending time at the beach and really doesn't care too much about working.

I know if a company signed me up for a $250K/year contract in 2010.. and I yielded no results for them from 2010 - 2015... I sure as **** wouldn't be wasting my time tweeting. I would work on sharpening my skills so that I could contribute and live up to expectations.

Beau's skating is in serious need of improvement, he's not physical in most games, and his effort is very inconsistent. He needs to focus on his game, not wasting time on social media.

He's the Van Wilder of the Penguins... just lots of squandered potential. We're 3 years into his career and he's played less than 100 games. That's a problem.

Last edited:

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Laugh all you guys want, but Bennett got scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.. Could that be indicative that dude spends way too much time on social media and not enough time working? It's possible.

He's extremely active on social media.. he sends out more tweets than a teenage girl. That's somewhat disconcerting when you consider that he was scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.

To make it in the NHL, it requires an insane work ethic.. and I'm not sure Beau has that mindset. From what I've seen from Bennett, he seems like a guy who enjoys spending time at the beach and really doesn't care too much about working.

I know if a company signed me up for a $250K/year contract in 2010.. and I yielded no results for them from 2010 - 2015... I sure as **** wouldn't be wasting my time tweeting. I would work on sharpening my skills so that I could contribute and live up to expectations.

Beau's skating is in serious need of improvement, he's not physical in most games, and his effort is very inconsistent. He needs to focus on his game, not wasting time on social media.

He's the Van Wilder of the Penguins... just lots of squandered potential. We're 3 years into his career and he's played less than 100 games. That's a problem.

He's tweeted 10 times since the BEGINNING OF NOVEMBER. Try again.

Crosby87Domi11

Jan 29, 2013
Locust Grove,VA

He hasn't been "extremely active" on social media in roughly 3 months.

What has he done that leads you to believe he "doesn't really care much about working"?

I'm genuinely confused.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The bad thing about it is... your business mind is usually your strength, cassius. Playing devil's advocate for fun... Could you not make the argument NHL teams would WANT their players to be on social media reaching out to the fans that pay them their checks?

But it's not worth getting into. A phone call to mom/dad take longer than Beau using Twitter.

Also I love how you use Twitter as the reason he was benched. Prior to this year, it had nothing to do with DB not using rookies? Or....his 360 injuries? Sometimes the most in shape dudes get hurt, too. In fact, what gym exercise would prevent a wrist injury? Or what gym exercise takes care of the mumps? Or how do you strengthen a knee to get it twisted the way he did?

But I know you have a decent job... so i'm going to call your employer tomorrow and tell them how much time you are wasting on HF Boards instead of spending time analyzing next week's 40 hours!

We've had our battles in the past, cassius, but as of late we've been agreement on a lot. You reached a bit on this one. Come back down. :)

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Bennett's had exactly 2 Tweets/replies since November 20th, so unless you think a player can't spare 30 seconds of downtime every 3 months, the idea that Twitter is keeping him from being his best is bat-**** insane.

May 10, 2010
In fact, what gym exercise would prevent a wrist injury? Or how do you strengthen a knee to get it twisted the way he did?

Squat
Deadlift
Chins
Bench
Press

Strength and Prevention of Injuries

All other aspects of two athletes’ performance being equal, the stronger of the two is the better athlete. And the stronger athlete is less likely to get injured. The problem with leaving the ground for a jump shot is that you don’t know what you’re going to land on, and the stronger the player’s legs, knees, hips, and back, the more disorganization on the ground they can tolerate. The higher an athlete’s absolute strength, the more force it takes to shove a joint into a position of derangement and injury, and the more likely the player is to finish the game – and the season – unhurt. Injuries will always be a part of competitive performance, but an effective strength program diminishes the risk.

Strength is protective against injuries, since working at the edge of your ability is where you get hurt. Strong muscles make stable joints, and the knees, shoulders and elbows of an athlete who can correctly squat 500, press 275, and deadlift 600 pounds are much less prone to injury than the same joints on an athlete whose strength coach thinks that balance balls and light weights are a better way to train. An investment in the correct approach to strength training is the best form of prevention – better than any insurance policy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad