Confirmed with Link: Penguins build the perfect insult to your intelligence

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This might be the most idiotic HF debate I've ever encountered. You should take this to the main boards and see how it flies, cassius.

Be sure to include the details of the frequency of Bennett's Tweets, and how you believe they hamper his ability to become a better player.

Uemoda

Formerly OminousGrey
Jun 28, 2011
Pennsylvania
www.twitter.com
This might be the most idiotic HF debate I've ever encountered. You should take this to the main boards and see how it flies, cassius.

Be sure to include the details of the frequency of Bennett's Tweets, and how you believe they hamper his ability to become a better player.

I tend to agree. It's pretty damn insane.

Cassius had the worst couple of posts I've seen in a long time. I really hoped he was joking, but...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sid obvi needs to squat more. His legs are tiny and when his knee got twisted in Game 7 of the Cup Finals, it's because he was playing Mario Kart and not squatting.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Laugh all you guys want, but Bennett got scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.. Could that be indicative that dude spends way too much time on social media and not enough time working? It's possible.

He's extremely active on social media.. he sends out more tweets than a teenage girl. That's somewhat disconcerting when you consider that he was scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.

To make it in the NHL, it requires an insane work ethic.. and I'm not sure Beau has that mindset. From what I've seen from Bennett, he seems like a guy who enjoys spending time at the beach and really doesn't care too much about working.

I know if a company signed me up for a $250K/year contract in 2010.. and I yielded no results for them from 2010 - 2015... I sure as **** wouldn't be wasting my time tweeting. I would work on sharpening my skills so that I could contribute and live up to expectations.

Beau's skating is in serious need of improvement, he's not physical in most games, and his effort is very inconsistent. He needs to focus on his game, not wasting time on social media.

He's the Van Wilder of the Penguins... just lots of squandered potential. We're 3 years into his career and he's played less than 100 games. That's a problem.

you've got to be kidding me with this ****. i refuse to believe you are serious. the double-down was the last thing i expected lol

May 10, 2010
Which one of those will prevent a skate blade from severing a tendon in your wrist?

None of them. I didn't comment on Bennett. I commented on what I quoted. Don't read any further into it. I dont' care about Bennett's tweeting. Cassius's posts aren't worth replying to they're at such a level of absurdity.

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC
It would be great if Beau focused on actually playing hockey, not generating comments on twitter.

The guy is 23 years old and doesn't even have 100 NHL games under his belt, yet he finds the time to go on twitter.

If I were him, I would be hitting the gym and working on my game..

It's pretty impossible to train 24/7. The guys is allowed/probably encouraged to send out a tweet every once and awhile.

Laugh all you guys want, but Bennett got scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.. Could that be indicative that dude spends way too much time on social media and not enough time working? It's possible.

He's extremely active on social media.. he sends out more tweets than a teenage girl. That's somewhat disconcerting when you consider that he was scratched in favor of Marc Arcobello.

To make it in the NHL, it requires an insane work ethic.. and I'm not sure Beau has that mindset. From what I've seen from Bennett, he seems like a guy who enjoys spending time at the beach and really doesn't care too much about working.

I know if a company signed me up for a $250K/year contract in 2010.. and I yielded no results for them from 2010 - 2015... I sure as **** wouldn't be wasting my time tweeting. I would work on sharpening my skills so that I could contribute and live up to expectations.

Beau's skating is in serious need of improvement, he's not physical in most games, and his effort is very inconsistent. He needs to focus on his game, not wasting time on social media.

He's the Van Wilder of the Penguins... just lots of squandered potential. We're 3 years into his career and he's played less than 100 games. That's a problem.

You average 1,000 posts per year on this site. I really hope that you're a ****ing boss at your job. Bennett has sent 11 tweets since the season started. I don't think it's very distracting. Do you realize how much travel time/down time athletes can have on road trips?

May 10, 2010
Sid obvi needs to squat more. His legs are tiny and when his knee got twisted in Game 7 of the Cup Finals

Are you being pointlessly snarky to my post or do you really think like that?

People just love things to be either 0% or 100%.

Getting stronger doesn't mean you become impervious and being weak doesn't mean you get injured every day. Being stronger just increases your odds that in any given entanglement with another player or whatever, that you have stronger muscles, ligaments, bone, and tendons that stand a better chance of not tearing. 20% stronger tissue is 20% stronger tissue and that 5,10,20% can make the difference in some collisions, but of course like ALWAYS any comment is instead taken to some absurd level and then appended to between the lines crap that doesn't exist.

Bennett and Sutter particularly are two guys I think of immediately who would both be better players with more strength and weight. They're 6'2 and 6'3 and under 200 lbs (at least according to penguins.com). Average dumb jerk at my strength gym is about 5'10, 200 lbs and doesn't even look big. I have no idea how people can have an issue with steroids in sports and then act like strength and size aren't that big of an issue when that is the whole point of steroids: easier accrual of strength to be a much better athlete. It improves all aspects of performance.

I don't think Bennett has a lack of work ethic or needs to stop tweeting or playing video games or anything else and don't necessarily think his injuries are anything but a run of bad luck (I do understand statistics instead of acting like he has brittle bone disease; I've held my tongue through people making fun of him for months), but I do think he and some other players would be better and healthier with bigger, stronger legs. I'd like the two above to be like 215-220 or at least not freakin' 190 at SIX THREE!

I don't know how that would be so contentious. Sid's tree trunks don't slow him down either. Neither does a big, heavy engine for a car.

PeterTZ

Fr Crosby's hm town
Dec 10, 2014
Edmonton
They missed it on Sill and Adams. "Stick boy" and "Water bottle boy". Silly, especially without Perron on the list.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Letang and Perron all tweet way more than Beau. What's the verdict on that?

Perron is even on Instagram. So distracting!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad