May 22, 2015
In Minnesota:

His points per 60 was 1.5

And his goals per 60 was 0.8.

He's not done. Better than Jay Beagle.

Reactions: Peat

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
I like it for the PK and he still has his skating which is the most important thing for how we play. For $650,000 you can't get a better player than that. Can play 4C when another center is down this team has that 5th center that can come in and not lose much off of Sheahan at that spot. Most likely will play wing on 4th line and PK. Now we have the 4 big PK forwards in Hagelin, Rust, Cullen, and Sheahan. I really felt we needed one more forward that could be a good PK guy. I am not worried about age because I have no doubt Cullen can play the limited amount of minutes he will get in a 4th line PK time he will get. Love both signings so far. $3.9 million we have our Hunwick and Sheary replacements and save $1.35 million extra from what they cost. So it is like getting a high 3rd round pick for free because I will be surprised if one of those 3 ways don't happen to move that 4th to 3rd. Sheary was not a 4th line player and Cullen fits much better at what the team needed considering Sprong needs a top 9 spot and Sheary was the odd man out for that. Wingers for top 9 will be Kessel, Hornqvist, Hagelin, Rust, Guentzel, and Sprong who can not be sent down and needs a chance of 40 games or we halt his development and waste his talent and trade worth if we sat him because he is not 4th line material and neither was Sheary. Love Cullen for this!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The best part about this move? The Penguins have their roster basically full at this point and they still have a good chunk of cap space. Their $1.5 million in cap space or whatever is going to increase a lot when it gets prorated later in the season. If Cullen shows his age, then look to trade for someone at the deadline when you'll have $3 million in space, rather than $1 million now.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
As as been mentioned on previous posts I think his leadership in the locker room has a lot to do with his return. Last offseason the Pens lost a lot of veteran leadership. Fill that tank up one more time Dad and go get the Pens their third Cup in four years.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Guentzel-Crosby-Sprong
Hagelin-Malkin-Hornqvist
Brassard-Sheahan-Kessel
ZAR-Cullen-Rust

I like. Upgrade on Maatta with the cap space you have left. Preferably sooner than later, but get the right guy.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Hey its better than bringing back Kunitz!
This. Cullen is a better LWer than Kunitz is at the very least. He can PK as well cause if we don’t remember we still have three centers who don’t necessarily want to PK.

Love this. Good PK C and he can play wing.

Reactions: BillPrep

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
uzqdh0s8jd711.jpg

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
This is a great signing. League min contract for a 4th line winger who can step up to even 3rd line C in case of injury. We know what Cullen brings on and off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad