Post-Game Talk: Penguins Beat Islanders 4-2 | Cole's Not Here, Man

H382

Oct 20, 2006
+++ Fleury - Great game, can't blame him for either goal, and made a few outstanding saves.
+ Martin - Just solid
+ Sutter - Good goal, solid defense tonight
+ Neal
+ Despres - Showing signs of great things to come. Would love for him to put on about 10lbs of muscle.
+ Glass - Really becoming a fan of his.

- Malkin - Did he play tonight? They show commercials of these amazing plays by Malkin, but it's been awhile since I've had a "wow" moment from him

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
Despres had another great game, would like to see him move the puck a little faster in the D zone, but other than that he was lights out.

I also felt the Malkin line seemed a little flat for most of the game, but they were good in the D-zone.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not sure if its just a coincidence but ever since sutters friend boychuk came here sutter has picked up his game to another level

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
+ PK
+ LSD & Grundy
+ DB actually using his Timeout at the right time
+ MAF

- Taking so many penalties
- Orpik on that first goal
- Nassau Mutants cheering Sid being hurt.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Good overall effort nearly across the board. MAF was stellar, the PK was great, Martin continues being pre-2011 Martin, the first line created some nice offense, the PP looked dangerous.

The only negative was that Malkin looked a bit disinterested through most of the night.

H382

Oct 20, 2006
Great win.. Had we lost, We would have had 12 points, Islanders would have 11, and quite the log jam in the division.. Very key taking these points tonight.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
+++ PK. Holy crap. 8 penalties killed? Very nice.

+ MAF. Looked good out there honestly.
+ Crosby. Good chances. Good passes. Should have had that goal in the 3rd.
+ Winning :P
+ Martin again and the defense. Good hustle.
+ TK didn't shoot on one drive and actually made a move to pass it. Maybe he's following the AskTK48?
+ Sutter
+ Despres. Wow. I'm really liking this kid right now.

- Malkin. I think I saw him turn it over 2 or 3 times in one shift. Seemed off his game.
- The team slacking off in the third period letting 2 quick goals. I think MAF had earned the shut out at that point.
- NYI fans applauding Sid hurt and shouting "You Suck" as he walks of the ice. It's one thing to hate the opposing team - it's another thing to be a classless piece of trash
-Waaaay too many shots allowed throughout the game.

AgentM

Jan 4, 2008
Allison Park, PA
Minus to me. I was late getting home from the gym and the Pens were up 1-0 when I turned on the tv. Once I started watching we took two penalties. I left the tv and came back and saw three more penalties! I would have cost us the game if the PK wasn't so good :laugh:

Not sure if its just a coincidence but ever since sutters friend boychuk came here sutter has picked up his game to another level

Maybe we need to demote TK and give Boychuk a shot on this line :naughty:

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
+ Orpik/Martin - our best defensive pairing all season, they look so ****in solid.

+ Letang - Don't care about his powerplay struggles that much because we score goals anyways. He's a beast defensively and our meanest defensemen. He's meaner than Orpik. He gives people the business all day every day.

+ Sid - he's got that look in his eye.

+ Sutter/Cooke - Good chemistry between these two and Sutter is a beast on the pk.

+ Pk - Really good

+ Powerplay - It looks at its best when Sid is on the left, tang in the middle, and Malkin on the half wall right boards. For some reason the Pens don't always use that formation. They should.

+ Fleury

- Malkin - Whatever. Everyone has off nights.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
Cole said it was his mom's birthday, wasn't going to be here.

Anyways, +++++++ Fleury and the PK, unbelievable job all around.

+ The Islanders, fading in to irrelevance once again.

+ Another two points against the division.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
- NYI fans applauding Sid hurt and shouting "You Suck" as he walks of the ice. It's one thing to hate the opposing team - it's another thing to be a classless piece of trash

I'm almost happy that the Isles made the game close, just so those people got their hopes up for nothing.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
+++MAF excellent game
_ MAF excellent game
+++PK
-PK
everything else=
except Malkin he was just out of it

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
For the people saying Malkin was out of it, you really need to take into account the infinite amount of penalties the Pens took tonight, and Malkin not playing on the PK.

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
+++ MAF. Huge saves. Some bad rebounds, especially when defense whiffs on clears.
+ Despres. Some bad penalties, but awesome goal.
+ Martin/Orpik. Epic pairing this year.
+ First in the East if Tampa/Flyers game holds.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
For the people saying Malkin was out of it, you really need to take into account the infinite amount of penalties the Pens took tonight, and Malkin not playing on the PK.
I understand but still everytime he gets on ice he is the only one on their half, skating around trying to pick the puck, the puck is easily moved to our half and cycled to death until the end of the shift..btw why is Giroux on ice 6 on 4 30 seconds left, crazy

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011

Speaking of which, I don't get why Malkin never gets pk shifts. I'm not saying make him a regular but he should get the odd pk shift, especially on a night like this where our regular pk guys were getting massively overworked.

Malkin would also add a legit scoring threat thanks to his penchant for takeaways.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown

Even if that's true, being thrown so badly out of sync because he had to sit on the bench for a bit is still fair game for criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad