GDT: Penguins at Flames. Mar 13 at 7pm MT on SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I thought his hattrick against LA should've made it in. Turned around our whole season.

And speaking of #1, I wish Gaudreau had that shoot-first mentality more often. He might not have the best shot but he's often found himself in amazing scoring positions and attempted to play the perfect pass when he could've just shot it

I think his passing up shots is overblown, to be honest. He needs a lot of room to get his wrister off, and a lot of the times when it looks like he's in a shooting position, either attempting a shot would just result in the defenceman putting his stick on puck and forcing it up into the mesh, or he's worked himself to a body position where getting a lot of power behind his shot would be quite difficult. If he works an opening where he can make a killer pass, but doesn't have enough time and space to shoot, I'd prefer he try to make the pass rather than trying a hopeful shot.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think people are having a hard time finding a good comparable to Chucky because he's very much a different animal than the regular stars of the league. There aren't a lot of guys who can physically get people involved like he can; but also have all the tools of a top offensive player.

It's a dying breed that he's sort of taking back. It'll actually be interesting to see how he progresses, teams are not employing players to deal with guys like Chucky anymore; I feel when he gets to 23, he's not only going to put up numbers, he's going to bully other teams.

True. I can't think of anyone in the league right now. Maybe a Jamie Benn to some extent, but probably not to that level in skill and speed (in particular).

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Wow, prime Perry? That's some high praise. I'm not sure he'll attain that lofty standard, but, heck, I have to keep reminding myself he's still a rookie.

Thanks for all the other responses to that question by many others.

I'm not sure he has the soft hands of a Bertuzzi, nor the speed, and if you asked me Todd's career was hampered by other issues (as we all know).

I see some similarities with his dad. I doubt he'll get to that stature though.

What about Gary Roberts? So far less fighting, but that's down league-wide.

I feel I'm selling Matthew short when I think of his career potential/upside.

I see some comparable traits to Roberts; maybe an Andreychuk and Arnott too. I can't think of any other similar players.

I see a lot of Gary Roberts in Ferland, actually - when he's truly on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad