Schneider, Cammalleri, Elias, Josefson, Warsovsky

arf_frame_dog_house_small_1086_detail.jpg

Farnham

Pittsburgh Penguins:

Forwards:
Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Wilson-Bonino-Rust
Kuhnmackel-Cullen-Sestito (the non-ex Devil one)

Defense:
Maatta-Letang
Dumoulin-Daley
Pouliot-Cole

Goalies:
Fleury (starter), Murray (backup)

For those of you that think we have no shot at the playoffs, well if we win this game we're three points back of the Pens with them only having two games in hand.

But who's kidding who - no Cory, no Camm and losses in seven of our last nine...our goal is much simpler at the moment:

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'll make my plea like I did before the last Rags game (which feel on deaf ears).

If you have tickets to today's game, show up.
Support your team like Giants, Knicks, Flyers fans do even when their team is out of a playoff spot.

If your tickets are listed on Stubhub or TE, remove them and go enjoy the game today.

If you really cannot attend, get in touch with Devils fans that you know (or friends/neighbors) and offer them at a big discount or even for free.

It's not fun as a Devils fan to see loads of opposing fans in seats that are typically owned by Devils season ticket holders (like we saw in the last few Rags games).

Empty seats also are a detriment to a fun atmosphere.

Yeah they're not making the playoffs, but a Sunday afternoon/evening game vs a team like Pitts, why not go and support the Devils & have a good time out.

The perfect day to check out a restaurant you always wanted to pregame.
There are dozens in the Ironbound.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...ew_Jersey.html

Last edited:

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
I'm finishing out my weekend of hockey madness by going to the Rock tonight. Can't wait! Unfortunately I didn't bring my Zacha Sarnia Sting with me to Boston so I won't be able to wear it to the game tonight, but I'll be there with a blank white jersey. Hopefully I can meet some of you crazies.

Here's to a good game tonight

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'm finishing out my weekend of hockey madness by going to the Rock tonight. Can't wait! Unfortunately I didn't bring my Zacha Sarnia Sting with me to Boston so I won't be able to wear it to the game tonight, but I'll be there with a blank white jersey. Hopefully I can meet some of you crazies.

I'll be there too, not sure what seats yet since they are Membership Rewards tickets.
I gave my regular seats to a friend who is a Devils fan so he can bring his young son to his first game.

I hope we get to see Farnham instead of Ruutu.

They need a Jefferson Starship type of Miracle when you compare the lineups.:)

Enjoy the game!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Our lineup gets worse by the game. I predict another loss. Can't decide whether I'm going to tune in or not. Season has gotten so depressing this last stretch. :cry:

Anyway, go Devils! Try to win a game!

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey

Hope you enjoy the game. May the Devils treat you to a win!

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I started out hating Hynes, then loving him, now with the yoyoing of Severson in and out of the lineup and Tootoo and Moore seemingly can't do anything wrong, I'm starting to get down on him again.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
Ahh too bad, this would have been a huge game if it wasn't for our massive tailspin the last few weeks. Hopefully they can straighten things out here a bit down the stretch.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Ahh too bad, this would have been a huge game if it wasn't for our massive tailspin the last few weeks. Hopefully they can straighten things out here a bit down the stretch.

I could only wonder what if Camm did not get injured.

Is Farnham injured?

I can't explain why he would be scratched for any of the Scrap Heap Trio, but especially Ruutu.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I started out hating Hynes, then loving him, now with the yoyoing of Severson in and out of the lineup and Tootoo and Moore seemingly can't do anything wrong, I'm starting to get down on him again.

Overall, I think Hynes has done a good job, but his treatment of Severson has been frustrating to me and I have probably made that abundantly clear so many times that people here are likely tired of my ranting about it, but what I'm trying to keep in mind is that Hynes is a rookie NHL head coach, so unfortunately that means that mistakes or misjudgments are probably going to be a part of how he learns.

The big test over time will be if he can learn from the mistakes and misjudgments to become a better coach at the NHL level. In my opinion, he's shown that he can do a lot of things right as an NHL head coach this year, but he's also demonstrated that he has some pitfalls. If he could smooth out those rough edges, he really could turn into a great coach for us, at least in my perspective.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Overall, I think Hynes has done a good job, but his treatment of Severson has been frustrating to me and I have probably made that abundantly clear so many times that people here are likely tired of my ranting about it, but what I'm trying to keep in mind is that Hynes is a rookie NHL head coach, so unfortunately that means that mistakes or misjudgments are probably going to be a part of how he learns.

The big test over time will be if he can learn from the mistakes and misjudgments to become a better coach at the NHL level. In my opinion, he's shown that he can do a lot of things right as an NHL head coach this year, but he's also demonstrated that he has some pitfalls. If he could smooth out those rough edges, he really could turn into a great coach for us, at least in my perspective.

After hearing the way Scotty Bowman talked about severson, I think they need to find some way to get him some confidence before this turns in to the next pete/larsson debacle. God, this is where I miss Robinson so much. Overall, though, I like hynes. He has his flaws, but for the most part, I'm satisfied.

sunnyvale

Apr 29, 2013
NJ
i would guess that the defense coach has a big say in who plays as well. I dont think it is just a Hynes decision. I am as baffled as everyone else though, John Moore gives me migrains. 4 games in a row now with at least one minor penalty, and i think we got scored on at least two of those times

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
summoning the Sean Burke 1988 end of season run for Kinkaid.... a win today keeps relevant hockey alive for another day.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad