Speculation: Penguins and Saad

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Saad w/ 1M retained for Pen's 1st and one of Hallander, Legare, POJ, or any prospect not named Poulin or Addison.

No cap dump going the other way. Will send a 3rd instead of a prospect if desired but all three of them are worth more than a 3rd.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Do Hawks fans think this deal would be reasonable: Galchenyuk, Legare and the Penguins 1st for Saad at $4 million? That's based on the Brassard trade, which was Cole, Gustavsson and a 1st for Brassard with $2 million retained. The Hawks would then presumably flip Galchenyuk for a draft pick, probably a 3rd if I had to guess. The Penguins get Saad for this year and next year at a very affordable rate, the Hawks get a big goal scoring RW prospect and the picks.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Also worth noting that Mackey does have contacts in the organization. Sometimes that means he breaks insider information first, and sometimes that means they feed him disinformation to influence a trade.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Do Hawks fans think this deal would be reasonable: Galchenyuk, Legare and the Penguins 1st for Saad at $4 million? That's based on the Brassard trade, which was Cole, Gustavsson and a 1st for Brassard with $2 million retained. The Hawks would then presumably flip Galchenyuk for a draft pick, probably a 3rd if I had to guess. The Penguins get Saad for this year and next year at a very affordable rate, the Hawks get a big goal scoring RW prospect and the picks.
Zero interest in Galchenyuk, not risking acquiring him and then not being able to trade him.

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Zero interest in Galchenyuk, not risking acquiring him and then not being able to trade him.

The main pieces would be the 1st and the prospect (Legare). Even if you can't flip Galchenyuk (I bet you could, even if it was for something like a conditional 4th or 5th), he walks at the season's end and you don't have him on your books, but you get two good pieces along with him.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I could be wrong just don't see the hawks retaining or taking back a player that's not expiring at seasons end. There is a match between both teams though.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's a UFA after the year and I really don't see any reason why you couldn't flip him for a return like Frolik brought back.
Ahh, my bad, didn't realize he was a UFA at seasons end. In that case I'd be OK with it, feel like we could potentially get a slightly better package elsewhere, but it's not bad if Galchenyuk is a UFA.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Saad is probably worth a little more than a 1st alone. Adding Bjugstad to make salaries work hurt the trade package from PIT, if Bjugstad is tethered to the 1st for Saad just to make money work, that should be a pretty big red flag that something else needs to be coming from Pittsburgh

Chicago could sell Saad for a single 1st round pick today probably pretty easily without needing to eat Bjugstad at $4mil to always be injured at get them 15 pts a season (with term remaining)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Saad is probably worth a little more than a 1st alone. Adding Bjugstad to make salaries work hurt the trade package from PIT, if Bjugstad is tethered to the 1st for Saad just to make money work, that should be a pretty big red flag that something else needs to be coming from Pittsburgh

Chicago could sell Saad for a single 1st round pick today probably pretty easily without needing to eat Bjugstad at $4mil to always be injured at get them 15 pts a season (with term remaining)

That's why Galchenyuk is a better option. He's off the books after this season, so the Hawks aren't tied to anything beyond using him as a placeholder this year.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Hard pass on moving saad to Pittsburg.
Edmonton
Colorado
Or buffalo have interest in saad and all those teams have young high end prospects that Chicago would clearly like and in need.

Boston and Pitssburg have nothing to offer.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Edmonton
Colorado
Or buffalo have interest in saad and all those teams have young high end prospects that Chicago would clearly like and in need.

Edmonton has 2 high end prospects Bouchard and Broberg and neither are available for Saad.

Our GM is Holland. His first pick is Broberg and Bouchard fills our biggest need.

I’m not saying we wouldn’t be interested in Saad at a point, but the price you want most certainly isn’t coming from Edmonton.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Edmonton
Colorado

I feel like you're not familiar with the Penguins' prospect pool if you think they have nothing to offer.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Connecting some dots. Saw a tweet where Chicago had some interest in Bogosian. Sabres have interest in Galchenyuk and Pens have interest in Saad. Possibly a 3 way type of deal. Seems very similar to the Scandella/Frolik trades last week.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Edmonton
Colorado

Neither team has nothing? Both of those teams have players that would
interest the hawks.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Galchenyuk + McCann + conditional pick for Saad I think is a good deal.

But I think Pittsburgh would need to dump some salary before taking on Saad, plus I think the Hawks are happy with Saad.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
As of right now we are 6 points out of the wild card so I'd rather not trade him until Feb or when we're clearly out of the race.

Not saying we will make it but we win 3 out 4 or something like that, thats your 6 points. Even a 4 out of 6 or 7 with maybe an extra point thrown in there. WPG hasn't looked too hot either this year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Galchenyuk + McCann + conditional pick for Saad I think is a good deal.

But I think Pittsburgh would need to dump some salary before taking on Saad, plus I think the Hawks are happy with Saad.

McCann is not being traded.

I’d likely trade either Addison or Poulin for Saad and a 1st, but if so CHI is taking Galchenyuk or Bjugstad and retaining.

Reactions: Darren McCord

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014

I’m not as high on Legare. Switch Legare with Hallander and I’d probably do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad