Pre-Game Talk: Penguins (and NHL) Season Opener vs. Philly (Wednesday @ 5:30PM EST - NBCSN, SN1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
NHL reporter Per Bjurman based in New York is predicting the Pens division to end as following:

1. Philadelphia Flyers
2. New York Islanders
3. Washington Capitals
4. Boston Bruins
--------
5. New York Rangers
6. Buffalo Sabres
7. Pittsburgh Penguins
8. New Jersey Devils

d9VEtQV.gif

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Most of the predictions I've seen are all over the place. The East is going to be a battle as I think the Devils are the only team who don't have a chance of making it out of the East. I don't think the Sabres or Rangers are quite there yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if either put a season together. Honestly the only team from the East I would bet money on making the playoffs is the Flyers...

All the analytical guys have is top 2 from what I’ve seen. That’s my prediction too. I think all the teams in our division are overrated.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
my prediction for tonight is that both goalies (Hart and Jarry) shine and it’s a low scoring game, like 2-1 or 3-1 with an EN....I’m giving the win to the Flyers because they have the deeper forward group...

They may or may not win but the Flyers D sucks!!!! They have 1 good pair.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Most of the predictions I've seen are all over the place. The East is going to be a battle as I think the Devils are the only team who don't have a chance of making it out of the East. I don't think the Sabres or Rangers are quite there yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if either put a season together. Honestly the only team from the East I would bet money on making the playoffs is the Flyers...

Eh I think the Sabres are pretty terrible. They have no one worth anything in their bottom-6 outside of Cozens, who's not a guarantee to translate into the NHL. Their defense is horrid beyond Dahlin, it's filled with a bunch of point producing defensemen who have terrible analytics. Their goaltending is horrid at worst and not very good at best.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
They may or may not win but the Flyers D sucks!!!! They have 1 good pair.

probably, but their forwards and goaltending edge out the Pens and they’re not incorporating as many new players as the Pens,so I give them the edge particularly in these early games

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
All the analytical guys have is top 2 from what I’ve seen. That’s my prediction too. I think all the teams in our division are overrated.

Important thing to remember about predictions is we probably see multiple teams quarantining important players for weeks.

This is likely going to be a who gets the least amount of COVID contest.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
Important thing to remember about predictions is we probably see multiple teams quarantining important players for weeks.

This is likely going to be a who gets the least amount of COVID contest.

For sure. We’ll never know that. Someone out there has probably come up with some algorithm for it :laugh:

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
I hate that the Flyers have such a strong team this season. But I find comfort in the fact that Philly usually underperforms when they're expected to be good and vice-versa. Soo...5th place sound good?

Plus Carter Hart will bust. The curse of the Robbie Brown Windmill is why they haven't had a good goalie since Hextall.

Reactions: Al Smith

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I hate that the Flyers have such a strong team this season. But I find comfort in the fact that Philly usually underperforms when they're expected to be good and vice-versa. Soo...5th place sound good?

Plus Carter Hart will bust. The curse of the Robbie Brown Windmill is why they haven't had a good goalie since Hextall.

I don’t think they have that strong of a team tbh.

If Vorachek and JVR bounce back I think they do, but Vorachek seems to be trending hard down.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I know, but what you gonna do? There's a bunch of players not playing much right now. Can't have them all in the taxi squad.
when your teams farm is as thin as ours you need to do as much as you can to develop the kids. keeping him on the taxi squad for a few weeks would not hurt at all. its not like we have a strong group there now.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
PIT is going to walk from Letang or move him. Very stupid decision IMO. (imagine that lol)

Not a huge fan of that either. He's getting older but defensemen often seem to age better than forwards. At least, that's my anecdotal opinion. Lots of solid performing defensemen in their late 30s, historically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad