Confirmed with Link: Penguins Acquire Winger Lee Stempniak for a 3rd Round Pick

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
These are players I won't expect to be out-skilled or out-competed every time I see them go out on the ice. That's worth a lot to my sanity as a Pens fan, given how terrible our bottom 6 has been.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Josh Yohe ‏@JoshYohe_Trib 2m
Right after Stempniak was traded to the Pens, he heard from old teammate Jarome Iginla. "Jarome told me Pittsburgh was a good place."

would have loved to hear that conversation. :laugh:

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Right after Stempniak was traded to the Pens, he heard from old teammate Jarome Iginla. "Jarome told me Pittsburgh was a good place."

beach time, why not!

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
I'm sure Iggy just told him something like "Yeah Stemp, other than Bylsma the place is awesome".

I could see it going like this too.

Stempniak: Any advice Iggy?

Iggy: You can play either wing right?

Stempniak: Yeah.

Iggy: Okay so you'll be playing center.

Last edited:

SteelFish87*

"i hope their idiot coach doesn't put you on left wing"

Fire Shero*

Stempniak has 1 goal in his last 13 games and hasn't scored 20 goals since 2006.

The prototypical Shero top 6 winger.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

"You'll love the story of James Neal! Practice your off-wing."

Fire Shero*

Lee Stempniak will play with Sid but Jarome Iginla didn't.

Bylsma is a shrewd coach.

Fire Shero*

It's not all about stats. Blah blah blah. Sadly, I am excited just so Gibbons can get demoted. Stempniak can't be that bad can he?

Fire Shero*

Assists don't count. Sid don't need no playmaking. :laugh:

Kunitz has 28 assists and 28 goals. It would be great for another guy to setup Crosby, Koon isn't a playmaker. I just wish that other guy was a legitimate top line winger.

Fans around here to believe if a player plays on a top line, they are a top line forward. It doesn't work that way.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Kunitz has 28 assists and 28 goals. It would be great for another guy to setup Crosby, Koon isn't a playmaker. I just wish that other guy was a legitimate top line winger.

Fans around here to believe if a player plays on a top line, they are a top line forward. It doesn't work that way.

Nope. Nobody here thinks that. In fact, all anybody does on here is bemoan the fact that we don't have enough real support for Sid/Geno. But, by all means, keep talking down to the rest of us.

Fire Shero*

Nope. Nobody here thinks that. In fact, all anybody does on here is bemoan the fact that we don't have enough real support for Sid/Geno. But, by all means, keep talking down to the rest of us.

Oh please fools on this site think Dopee is a legitimate top line winger. That or Bennett is a super duper top line winger.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

How pissed is Iggy going to be that Stempniak is going to get to play with Sid and he didn't? :laugh:

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Stempniak has 1 goal in his last 13 games and hasn't scored 20 goals since 2006.

The prototypical Shero top 6 winger.

He's playing on the Flames. They have no offense. 23 points in 52 games on an impotent team like Calgary is okay. In total in his career he is above 0.5PPG.

For someone who will likely feature mostly on the third line that is decent.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
You guys are gonna like Stempniak. You can look at his stats this year, but he was terribly snake-bitten for a long stretch. He's just very streaky, but when it rains it pours with the guy. And when it's not raining, he's still very good defensively.

He scored 28 goals in 2009-10.

Fire Shero*

He's playing on the Flames. They have no offense. 23 points in 52 games on an impotent team like Calgary is okay. In total in his career he is above 0.5PPG.

For someone who will likely feature mostly on the third line that is decent.

I really like him as a third liner but he will end up playing with Sid, or at least he should since gibbons is terrible.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Oh please fools on this site think Dopee is a legitimate top line winger. That or Bennett is a super duper top line winger.

Ya, one thing everyone on this board couldn't get enough of was Dupuis with Crosby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad