Confirmed with Link: Penguins acquire Ben Lovejoy from Anaheim for Simon Despres (Seriously)

Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

I'm actively cheering against the Pens now. That is the worst deal that I've ever seen for the Pens since the 2005 lockout.

terex

Jan 2, 2010
Holy lord, this is bad.

Also, the guys on TradeCentre are tearing apart Despres. Pierre just said he doesn't think Despres can be a top 4 dman on a playoff team.

God damn, this is so awful.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
despres never got any credit for physicality, his improved play was always attributed to scuderi, every turnover was treated like the the worst error a dman had ever made. i simply dont get it, but the inevitability seems apparent.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wow.. this type of move actually makes me hate the team. That's so ridiculous. It's not even funny.. it's just disappointing.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
This is why JR got fired in Carolina.. and ran that franchise into the ground.

To the JR fanboys:

95469-is-this-not-why-you-are-here-g-Dxjs.gif

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Wow. I'm sorry but I checked out after '12 from being a die hard. Tickets are ridiculous and the Penguins keep trotting out laughable management teams.

I'll catch you guys on the flip side, I'm don't with this stupidity. No team has been blessed with more but done less.

Absolutely inexcusable trade.

Case in point why you don't hire a 80 year old who just wants to keep his job for two years so he makes short sighted moves which won't help or fix or add anything to this team.

gordie

5x
Jul 9, 2002
hfboards.com
jim rutherford is a terrible gm. it took awhile for him to find his groove here in pittsburgh, but he's rediscovered his touch for horrific gm'ing. this team is going nowhere but down with him at the helm.

All the other moves were logical until he brought back a guy this team just doesn't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad