Post-Game Talk: Penguins 7, Rangers 2 - Broken Hank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyruz Reaper

Oct 4, 2005
Sunny SoCal
+ Cough Drop - there was a play coming out of the zone where most would force it up the boards - he calmly skated with the puck and hit a F in stride that led to a scoring chance
+Mur - He had an ok game with rebound issues esp. in the 3rd but his 1st kept us in the game
+Sid - another multipoint game

My only minus tonight goes to Brassard - he's sofffff

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Then you need to have your eyes examined. Riikola was making plays all game long. Strong along the walls against much bigger forwards, able to make the little chip passes on his backhand to the forwards so they could skate it out. Skating the lock out himself and holding onto the puck while the other 4 players changed.

What you really need to do is blame Maatta for making everything an adventure. Riikola was better than fine.

Or maybe you're just biased :dunno:

Blaming Maatta on everything while simultaneously saying Riikola was making plays all game just reeks of bias to me. Riikola didn't have a good game, he got burned multiple times in the defensive zone and was on the ice for both goals against tonight.

Reactions: JackFr

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
NoqjegE.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It's not. But I actually watch the games and not stats sites.

No, I actually watched the games. I watched Riikola get burned multiple times in the defensive zone. I watched Riikola get scored on twice when he was on the ice. I saw Riikola make 1 nice rush with the puck, and I didn't notice him make any positive contributions otherwise.

If you'd be watching the stat sites, you would be saying Riikola had a good game tonight, because he was the 2nd best defenseman in terms of CF%. But who was first? Maatta, who obviously didn't have a good game either.

Reactions: zero8771 and JackFr

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
It’s amazing what a 22 year old defenseman is doing for this team.

Credit goes all around really.
Especially Murr and CDS.
Olli's been better with Riiko.
Riiko's showed some more of the stuff he's good at.
JJ still does dumb stuff but he's been alot better than his start of the season.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
+ Cough Drop - there was a play coming out of the zone where most would force it up the boards - he calmly skated with the puck and hit a F in stride that led to a scoring chance
+Mur - He had an ok game with rebound issues esp. in the 3rd but his 1st kept us in the game
+Sid - another multipoint game

My only minus tonight goes to Brassard - he's sofffff
Yep Brassard is the only real negative, it's as if he's mailed it in here.

After a bad 1st period I thought each line played pretty well except the third line. Brassard is playing a woeful brand of hockey.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I dunno. I like him, but I think he is getting severely overrated around here.

He had no reason to go behind the net on that goal.

Shiny new toy being vastly overrated on here? Why I've never seen that. :laugh:

I think people see Riikola's tools and just automatically assume he's playing well because he's showing good puck moving talent and skating. I still think he's a defensively challenged OFD right now, but if you just see his puck moving and skating, it would seem like a breath of fresh air compared to the other defensemen.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I dunno. I like him, but I think he is getting severely overrated around here.

He had no reason to go behind the net on that goal.
I agree, he left the front of the net unattended although Brassard did next to nothing himself there. Overall though I think Riikola has been pretty solid.

Reactions: BillPrep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad