Post-Game Talk: Penguins 6, Avalanche 3 - Torch in Limbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
A one line team beats a one player team. There is so much wrong with this team right now. We need goaltending, we need speed, we need skill, we need defense and we need a coach, who uses his brain. This team is not going to make the playoffs.

All good things come to an end.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
The dramatic turn the whole team took when 87 started scoring was incredible. He actually did drag the whole bunch of them into the game. And Jake/Sid/Dom was a buzz saw from that point on. And the whole team followed that cue and started shelling the net.

It feels awful to drop that one. Not just a great individual game wasted but the morale of a come from behind win of THAT magnitude would have been incredible.

I was right with Tanger at the end wanting to break something. I feel bad for Jarry and Riikola

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
I’ve added Kessel to my personal trade block. Literally everything he touches turns to **** right now.
the only players that should be untouchable are Crosby and Letang, with Malkin rounding out that list. literally nobody else should be off the table, especially Kessel IMO.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Crosby and Letang are literally the only players who played worth a damn for the Pens tonight.

outside of that, they don't have an NHL goaltender on the entire roster. the rest of their defense is baby **** soft. the rest of their forwards couldn't make a play to save their lives.

the Avs really only got two of their lines going for most of the game and it looked like they were skating circles around this Pens team.

the team is on the brink of giving up. Crosby isn't letting them.

DeSmith has been good. About as good as anyone should reasonably expect a back-up to be.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Major props to Sid's line... but that felt bad. Wasted an insane performance by Sid. :(
Letang is a warrior too. How can another leaders like Phil and Geno watch it and then crapping the bed so bad? I know it was more Kessel this time, but Malkin was making awful plays on that PP too, prior to that GWG by the Avs... And they did nothing all game.

Reactions: SirBrad

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'll take 2 of 3 against the Jackets, Jets, and Avs, if only because it's 2 more than I expected.

Yeah...

We play this team again next week. I hope we get revenge. They played us real physical tonight and I want to run up the score on them. Not happy with the amount of hits they threw and the slewfoots.

wizmet12

wizmet1_2
Feb 19, 2014
giphy.gif

Reactions: 63 others

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Brass and Kessel 1 shot on 11 against...

That doesn't sound like that's good....... what does the "advanced stats" say........

calculating..........calculating..........

Brass was the best forward on the ice for either team with an average FYA% of .869

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Phil flubbed it
refs missed a clear icing
refs missed a clear slew foot
they score an ENG

All within seconds. That's the end. What a sour taste we're left with.

Yes, and we also had plenty of time for somebody not named Sid to score a goal and they couldn’t...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Bad Kessel drags everyone down. Sad when ZAR wasn't even the worst player on that line. Kessel by far.

Gotta feel bad for Brassard.

This is true. Eh, whatever . . . I keep reminding myself of what @ColePens has said before . . . the 2 cups are worth what was going to come after.

Reactions: PensandCaps

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Again I just don't know what more you guys want from Desmith.

If you're referring to Murray/Jarry, then yeah, they've been bad. But Desmith is doing fine.

Desmith has been fine, but i just don't see him as a starting goalie.

Hes going to get exposed the more games he starts IMO.

But he is by far the best option the Pens have right now.

Reactions: Pancakes

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
ZAR and Rust are killing their lines right now. They flub everything and cant make passes. Neither are contributing. They might not be negatives but they are not positives. They are just playing bland hockey. They may not be actively losing games for the team but they are brining nothing.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad