Post-Game Talk: Penguins 5, Flyers 4 (OT) - @ColePens Loses His **** After the 2nd, Penguins Comeback in the 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Posted this on the Flyers board but man does Hakstol ever remind me of MJ. Same clueless look on his face all the time and you can just tell he has no answers or ability to motivate a team.

It's gonna suck when the Flyers get a good coach because there is still enough talent there to be a threat and they keep building with more young players every year. They'll be good in the next few years I think.

Don't know how I never noticed that, great observation!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
- Why do we have Reaves if the other team can run our goalie without reprocussions? Seriously, he's supposed to either stop this stuff or respond according to some on here. If he does neither I don't see why he's here.

Yeah, so this got skipped over in this thread to a degree last night.

Murray got run and injured. Reaves didn’t magically deter it but then did f*** all to avenge it. Played 5:33, 7 shifts and was a -1. But, hey, he hit Giroux and L4 had a good shift. Currently averaging 6:56 on the season.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I think Malkin getting hurt might be the best thing that will happen to the Penguins this season, because that's the thing that has seemingly woken up Crosby.

No kidding. Course Sid and Geno are known to raise their game when the other is out. The magic of 2016 was born from a Malkin injury. I just hope we get to see a glimpse of a couple WBS guys in this process.

I'm still amped up over that shift late in the the third.

That's such a bittersweet moment too. You see how the team has played up to now and it's extremely frustrating because you KNOW THAT is how they CAN play. You spend half the game with the Mike Johnston confused look say "da fuque?" and then they pull that out. Extra sweet that it was against the Flyers though :)

You mean the Pens are Homer Simpson and the Flyers are Frank Grimes?

I think of that seen in the movie Flight with Denzel Washington where he's about to go to court to defend himself and his lawyer and friend find him butt ass naked in the bathroom drunk as a skunk. So they call in John Goodman to deliver the correct amount of pills and drugs so that he can look passable in court.

very fun game to see live. Go Pens.

Indeed. Good one for Clare to go out on.

Jarry is a much more capable backup than Niemi, he gives us a chance.

Yes, thank god. Of course if Murray went down they would have called him up anyway. But let's assume right now that Murray is out for a couple weeks. You have Murray in the locker room being able to help him but on the ice...he's alone. There are no vet goalies to bolster him. If I'm that goalie coach in Pittsburgh right now, I take in Jarry and do A LOT of mental coaching. If I'm an assistant, I take a slice of my job off my plate and dedicate it to being Jarry's shoulder to lean on. He's going to need that support system when it gets rough. MAF did it for Murray and I think it helped him tremendously. Jarry doesn't get that benefit. With that, the team needs to rally behind him too and do just a little bit extra every game to help him get into his groove.

You can tell his kid has the skill set. It's pretty NHL-raw but with some fine tuning and confidence, I think he has the potential to be a starter in this league. Boys need to help him out.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
- Why do we have Reaves if the other team can run our goalie without reprocussions? Seriously, he's supposed to either stop this stuff or respond according to some on here. If he does neither I don't see why he's here.

I'm not Reaves's biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination but this is a selective argument. We just played the Flyers and there was ZERO after the whistle debacles or dirty hits or extra liberties taken. Voracek lost his foot and slid into Murray. That's not a dirty play. That's a very unfortunate play but not dirty and I don't believe for one second it was done with any sort of intent to injure.

No one here in the pro or meh Reaves parties advocated that he would prevent things like this. No one and it's simply silly to suggest such. What was Reaves supposed to do? Corner Voracek and start pounding on him saying "how DARE you lose your footing! *BAM* *BAM* Teach you to lose your balance! *BOOM* *BOOM*"? Voracek wouldn't have accepted and fighting anyone else on their roster would have been pointless.

Gudas rubs out Crosby and gives him several facewashes and cross check from behind, yeah send Reaves out to handle it. But I didn't notice any of that this game...did you?

Send Reaves out to respond to a guy sliding into Murray? No. The fact that Murray got injured is extremely unfortunate and gut wrenching but it's not a testament to Reaves's effectiveness or ineffectiveness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad