Post-Game Talk: Penguins 4, Lightning 2 - Punching A Faux Bully In The Mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
oh my god I remember that so well. We had like 15 people at a friend's house watching that game and the collective sound we all made was fantastic. And that's the game where the Rangers thought they won the shootout but then had to come back out and we won it :laugh:

I remember that. I thought they'd be removing Girardi with a body bag.

I also remember that Marc Staal jumped Geno afterwards. The refs penalized Staal for that. They also gave Geno 2 minutes for being jumped and face washed. :laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
oh my god I remember that so well. We had like 15 people at a friend's house watching that game and the collective sound we all made was fantastic. And that's the game where the Rangers thought they won the shootout but then had to come back out and we won it :laugh:

Yup I was at the game. It was crazy. My dad texted me something like "can't believe they lost" and I called him after and told him they won the game.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
giphy.gif

Pens lose to the Devils and beat the best team in hockey tonight.

tumblr_p8qdj4Imu31u6cj02o1_540.gif

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Modern Pittsburgh sports summed up this week with the loss to the Devils and the win vs Tampa.

anyway, I missed most of the game so this is all I've got

0c4jsojvp2n11.gif

That's all you'll ever need.

@Soggy Biscuit, isn't it ironic that the first LW Geno has looked like himself with since Hagelin left is the one who plays 200 feet like Hagelin? Nobody could've seen that coming. Nobody. Well, maybe nobody except YOU and ME and him . . .

giphy.gif

So far so good.

Keep in mind that it could disappear at any time for no good reason, a la the mythical Rust-Brassard-Kessel line.

Reactions: KIRK and Ogrezilla

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Only negatives for me....

Murray letting up that soft goal at the end.

Rust continuing to miss golden opportunities. Needs to be better if he’s going to be in the top 6.

Loved the play from Blueger although it was very limited. Hopefully he gets to play with guys that can hold their own at some point and not just Wilson/Sheahan for his time here.

Here’s a positive we just beat the best team on the league........comfortably

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Murray was great. Geno woke up. We showed a lot of heart.

Great win against a great team.

Now, do not suck on Friday.

You know, THAT probably is going to be the biggest test in terms of how much to take from this. IF we lay an egg, then I don't know what to think anymore. BUT, IF we take care of business AND Geno looks alive again, then . . . A NEW HOPE?

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
It's been 1 game since Rust last scored a goal. If Rust was a guy who consistently put in his chances on top of everything else he did, he'd be making 6 mil a year.

He’s had only 3 goals in 13 games. And those were in 2 games.

I can’t even count how many A+ opportunities that he’s not only messed up but not even come close to completing.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Not sure you can play much better def against TB then the Pens did tonight at even strength.

TB had their zone time and chances, but not a ton of grade A chances.

Anybody know how many odd man rushes the Pens have given up the past 2 games? They have cleaned up that part of their game after allowing 100 odd man rushes against Vegas and San Jose.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
That's all you'll ever need.

So far so good.

Keep in mind that it could disappear at any time for no good reason, a la the mythical Rust-Brassard-Kessel line.

Funny thing is, in Sully's dream world, I think he'd be content to play Rust on Geno's RW and play Horny with Sid and Phil on his own line.

I already have foreseen what is coming. Sheahan will go. Brassard will go. We'll have 7M in cap space to play with. And JR will trade for Ferland and Staal. Jake-Sid-Horny, Ferland-Geno-Rust, Pearson-Staal-Kessel, ZAR-Cullen-Simon?

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
They made a commitment to play hard like the game against the caps that turned the season.

Cullen is a 4th liner for effective ice time. Blueger played very little.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Most importantly, did we trade for Staal yet?

I feel like it'd have a near certainty of happening if JR didn't piss off the Canes management/ownership awhile back. But being in talks for Ferland maybe at least opens up the idea of pursuing it.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
At least sully won't be mad. Schultz pairing with JJ and move Olli for cap space. Pens have a couple holes and not sure how GMJR can fill them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad