Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Senators 1 - Hell Freezes Over . . . Sheahan Fails to Miss the Open Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
22442_51e3f92c85af94.18689313-big.jpg

I don't care how it happened. With all the crap Hagelin has been missing, the fact that Sheahan scored at long last before him is a testament to where Hagelin's game is.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Great to see #15 score. I almost forgot how awful it is to watch Ottawa. Or rather, I must have blocked it out.

Let's go boys, two in a row and heading back to the 'burgh.

Reactions: Badfish87

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Impressive final two periods and a win against a very good conference rival, Sheahan somehow scored, Jake got one in off his back, and Murray made another highlight reel save. Sounds like a good win to me.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Get that bum Sheahan outta here....he doesnt fit the Pens style of missing ENGs.

+Horny goal looked like the Pens were on the PP not 5v5
-Murray glove hand

That is all I can glean from the highlights. Didnt watch the game. Couldnt follow GDT much.

Why am I posting then? I have no idea.

DReynolds

Oct 13, 2016
I really thought Letang was....less bad tonight. Still some bad choices but some really solid defense at least. And, I definitely thought sheahans goal clanged off the post first.
Barely noticed Duchene. Or Sid, mostly.

One last thought, a big THANKS to whoever posted the Oh Sherrie video last post game......worst earworm ever.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++ Murray: Godlike play in the beginning of the game. Thought he was tremendous.

+++ Horny/Sheary: Man is Sheary confident right now, eh? Strong on the puck, making great decisions. He's not spazzing at all. I love his game. Horny and Kessel are the heart and soul of this team every single night. I love 72's game. RE-SIGN HIM.

+ Letang: Thought he was fantastic in periods 2/3. Loved his game. He made a tremendous pass to Rust that should have been a goal.

+ Maatta: Confident and solid. He's made a few passes that are EK like. The 60 footer last game to Horny and the flip to Rust/Guentzel today. I like #3's game.

Keeping it positive tonight. Those are the things I like. The only negative -

At some point you have to accept the sport of hockey is simply entertainment. If I was a Sens fan, I don't care if we just went to the ECF or not. This team is so f***ING boring. So f***ing boring. I love hockey and love x's and o's, but i'd kill myself watching this crap night in and night out. Their structure is boring.

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
We have some reason to be optimistic with Letang's showing. Crosby looks engaged at times, but doesn't seem able to put even most of a game together at a dominant level.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+++ Murray: Godlike play in the beginning of the game. Thought he was tremendous.

+++ Horny/Sheary: Man is Sheary confident right now, eh? Strong on the puck, making great decisions. He's not spazzing at all. I love his game. Horny and Kessel are the heart and soul of this team every single night. I love 72's game. RE-SIGN HIM.

+ Letang: Thought he was fantastic in periods 2/3. Loved his game. He made a tremendous pass to Rust that should have been a goal.

+ Maatta: Confident and solid. He's made a few passes that are EK like. The 60 footer last game to Horny and the flip to Rust/Guentzel today. I like #3's game.

At some point you have to accept the sport of hockey is simply entertainment. If I was a Sens fan, I don't care if we just went to the ECF or not. This team is so ****ING boring. So ****ing boring. I love hockey and love x's and o's, but i'd kill myself watching this crap night in and night out. Their structure is boring.

Rust gets a pass there. Expected an insanely bad pass, not an insanely good one. :popcorn:

Reactions: ColePens

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Textbook game. Not their most dominant, but probably their most complete game of the season.

Pretty much this. They kinda seemed to be able to dictate the overall game, for once. I didnt like the Buffalo win. But feeling pretty good tonight. Maybe they've turned a corner.

Reactions: catdaddy and BHD

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

At some point you have to accept the sport of hockey is simply entertainment. If I was a Sens fan, I don't care if we just went to the ECF or not. This team is so ****ING boring. So ****ing boring. I love hockey and love x's and o's, but i'd kill myself watching this crap night in and night out. Their structure is boring.

It got the Sens to the ECF's. Along with out of his mind goaltending.

We are spoiled. A chance at a cup vs. bored to tears is a trade most fans would make. Ask a Caps or Flyers fan when they have a rare lucid moment.

Reactions: ColePens

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

I think our first biggest disagreement on this site is when I posted something similar many a year ago...lol

But I agree

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
third line still the best, very energized, Sheary with the gret game, Horny just behind
Sid and Jake are just there, sid got another point but that line other than few plays just plain MEH
Geno I thought was good tonight winning battles, creating some chances, I know there is not much love for 62 here, but I am just fine with him on that line, he was all over the ice, creating so much time/space for 71 and 81, I am good with that

defense was really strong, I feel that Letang at some point just said, screw it and started just playing his good old way, skating, without popping his head up and stopping every 2 seconds...hence very strong game in 2nd and 3rd. i thought Maatta was really good,

Muzz is Muzz...

and 4th line sucks, what a waste...

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
They're playing Sid and Rust together. How can that be optimal?

Cuz Sid prefers him over Horny and Horny's doing just fine on the 3rd line atm.

Look, if Jake can get goin' that line is fine.
Each of the top 3 lines has a defensive conscience, some speed and ability to score ES goals atm. Thats what i mean by optimal.
Sheary's having some fun playing vs lesser units. So is Horny who can do what he does best with skill on the other wing instead of a Hagelin/Rust.
It's not the perfect Cup winning roster we want it to be atm but it's the first time all season Sully has something to work with as a top 9.
If Sheahan's line keeps rollin'/stays formidable, opponents have to spread their units thin. Thats something Sully hasn't had and has been searching for.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
We have some reason to be optimistic with Letang's showing. Crosby looks engaged at times, but doesn't seem able to put even most of a game together at a dominant level.

Sid still refuses to shoot the puck and I don't understand why. I want him to be selfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad