Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Oilers 2 - Baby Steps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'm not sure if anything is changed.

Letang is still a moron and Murray is still god . . . and the Pens still are struggling . . .

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Murray continues to be our best player. Ruh made a number of bad plays. We're still very disorganised. Guentzel was bad tonight, but at least he managed to draw a key penalty? Ugly stuff, but we won!

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I can't believe Shorthouse (i think??) thinks that was a BS call on Nuge, can't believe he defended himself on that. You can't do that shit...

Reactions: BHD

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
They won. They won because Murray made up for the "what is de-phence?" moments. Phenomenal stuff from Murray.

Letang's confidence is f***ed, his mental game is f***ed. Idk if he'd be open to seeing a sports psychologist but he should be steared towards one if he hasn't been.

I thought Corrado was pretty good but that may be for not being Trotman. Some good pinches and generally invisible.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
This new roster just has to learn how to win but the stale parts in McKegg, Kuhn, Reaves...JR needs to get new blood in there. Hags can play for one of em. Archie too.

Jake started the game well then things got worse.

JR still needs a 3rd line C.

Schultz+Hunwick(playing well) back will help out quite a bit.

Hopefully the Kuhn-Geno experiment is over.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
+++++++++++ Murray: This guy is doing everything he can to get wins. He's making insane stops every night. We need to get him some rest, but I thought it was very fitting the Oilers played Coldplay as the buzzer ended. You will have a lot of depressing moments listening to Fix You while Murray steals the show yet again.

+++ Hornqvist: I love Horny. Guy wakes up and his energy is at peak level. I love what he brings to this team every night. He even pulled a Decastro and pushed McDavid over the blue line to get a clear. I love how he plays the game.

+ Geno: That release was so impressive. Almost Hossa-like where it's not about shot power, it's all about quickness of release. Really impressive goal that won't get enough love.

+ Kessel: He's battling and it's the regular season. I like the urgency.

+ Rust: Really love Rust's game all season. I think he's so underrated for this team. He plays brilliantly. Smart, simple, and what the Pens need.

Honorable mention - speed on the 4th line. We had some zone time with our 4th line and I liked Archi in there. McKegg/Archi were flying around. I loved it.

- Letang: Started the game off so well and the one turnover set his mind into overload. He freaked out on the ref and ended up playing piss poor through the rest of the game. He just cannot gain confidence and that sucks. I know the feeling and that's not even at the NHL level. I cannot imagine what his mind is like each game.

- 5 on 5 goals: Still not producing enough. Guys like Sheahan/Guentzel really struggled tonight. Played poorly, IMO. Kuhn is not the right guy for Geno to get more 5 on 5 goals.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pens need a shakeup. The Oil are bad this year yet we made them look like the better team at ES.

I wouldn't be surprised if JR is spending the next few weeks trying to ascertain if he needs to tinker a little (add say a Vegas C for the third line and see if it all falls into place) or if he needs to shake this up more.

EDIT: ColePens, I told you Rust on Geno's RW was the call. Now, if only Sully will listen to use and put Hags on the LW. Hagelin-Malkin-Rust . . . for all the crap Sully throws against the wall, he won't try that. Nah, he'll put his Tanner Glass on LW with Geno-Rust before Hags. Lord give me the strength not to break before Letang on the PP breaks you. :thumbu:

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Kessel, Guentz, Sheahan: 0 SOG for the game.

I still think we should be trying to have this line going to see if it is possible, but it was not a comforting first showing.
Not much comforting in this one actually - except Sid's line being solid with Horny on it (Who knew!!?)... and Murray being fantastic.

But records be damned, Edmonton is not a bad team, and getting an ES win here was a good result by all accounts.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
+++++++++++ Murray: This guy is doing everything he can to get wins. He's making insane stops every night. We need to get him some rest, but I thought it was very fitting the Oilers played Coldplay as the buzzer ended. You will have a lot of depressing moments listening to Fix You while Murray steals the show yet again.

+++ Hornqvist: I love Horny. Guy wakes up and his energy is at peak level. I love what he brings to this team every night. He even pulled a Decastro and pushed McDavid over the blue line to get a clear. I love how he plays the game.

+ Geno: That release was so impressive. Almost Hossa-like where it's not about shot power, it's all about quickness of release. Really impressive goal that won't get enough love.

+ Kessel: He's battling and it's the regular season. I like the urgency.

+ Rust: Really love Rust's game all season. I think he's so underrated for this team. He plays brilliantly. Smart, simple, and what the Pens need.

Honorable mention - speed on the 4th line. We had some zone time with our 4th line and I liked Archi in there. McKegg/Archi were flying around. I loved it.

- Letang: Started the game off so well and the one turnover set his mind into overload. He freaked out on the ref and ended up playing piss poor through the rest of the game. He just cannot gain confidence and that sucks. I know the feeling and that's not even at the NHL level. I cannot imagine what his mind is like each game.

- 5 on 5 goals: Still not producing enough. Guys like Sheahan/Guentzel really struggled tonight. Played poorly, IMO. Kuhn is not the right guy for Geno to get more 5 on 5 goals.

They need to fire who ever chooses the music there....lol.

SidCity

Sep 25, 2017
CGY
Watched the entire game. If people aren't happy with that game then I don't know what they want from a hockey game. A team can't completely dominate all aspects of a game for the entire 60 minutes and yet...that's what the expectations of some fans are.

Crosby probably had one of his best games of the season. Hornqvist makes that line look so much better.

Letang had a much better game. It's going to take him 20ish games to get his timing back but he did well QB'ing the PP tonight.

Hornqvist not shooting at the empty net just blows my mind....almost cost us at the other end. Great save by Murray.

On to the next game....

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not sure if anything is changed.

Letang is still a moron and Murray is still god . . . and the Pens still are struggling . . .

Yep, +++++ Murray is to goaltending as Jimmy Page is to guitar
- Letang is to defensive hockey as Coldplay is to good music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad