Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Blues 0 - No Johnson, No Problem

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The personal hatred some in this fanbase have for Murray is disturbing.

I mean, I hated Tanner Glass and Eric Tangradi as players, and currently hate ZAR and Simon on this team, but I have nothing against them personally. Why anyone would dump personal hate on a professional athlete who by all means seems like a decent person is just odd. Guess it’s a sign of the times.
I can see how MM would rub some the wrong way. He's far more stoic than MAF for example. Personally I don't care about that sort of thing but some apparently do. I myself am only concerned about which players help the team the most. Besides, I don't want to waste time on a players personality UNLESS it's detrimental to the team and causes needless BS, drama or distractions.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I feel like this is a big overreaction to a small sample size of Jarry excelling. Why can't they just keep Murray and Jarry for like $8 million a year, and be smart with the rest of their roster so they can afford to acquire another top-6 winger? Why not push off the decision of which goalie they should be going with until they have to make that decision, which is the Seattle expansion draft?

Nashville isn't getting rid of Rinne just because they have Saros as the backup and Rinne makes a lot of money.

I'm shocked .. SHOCKED I tell you! HF never does the bolded.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Jarry’s puck moving ability is next level. He had 3 plays where his playing of the puck was the difference between his defenseman getting clobbered and them getting the puck facing up ice with no contact. Over the course of a season, and especially in a playoff series, that saves wear and tear on a defenseman and can demoralize a teams attack. He even had this really slick play where he stickhandled, pump faked an attacking forward and then passed the puck to a waiting defenseman with no one around him. The more he plays, the more I prefer his game and what he brings. I’m a Murray fan, but the puck handling of Jarry puts him over the top for me. With how this team is constructed and how they are playing, adding a goaltender who plays the puck like that is an x-factor. He can jumpstart our attack as fast as he can thwart an opponents attack.

I love Lafferty’s game. He has up’s and down’s, but the potential is there. I could realistically see him meshing well with skill and having an impact as a winger. I could also see him as a 3C. He and McCann are guys with a diverse skillset. Speaking of McCann – the guy is playing like he has been shot out of a cannon. Serious wheels and confidence right now. Shoot early and often – ask questions later.

The confidence Marino is playing with is insane for a 22 year old kid. He nearly broke his stick calling for a puck, and then sent a bomb off the post. I wish he scored that because it’s the ultimate dick swinging move. He is a Godsend honestly. We needed him so badly. He sent this defense on a great course. Pettersson also had a good game, IMO. He had some really nice breakups with his stick, and he has a sneaky shot. It comes off quick and hits heavy. I wish he used it more. I also thought Riikola had a good game. He is a really slick player. I have no idea why he doesn’t have more confidence from the coaching staff.

Replace Simon with Noesen this game, and he has 5 goals. I don’t know if I have ever seen a player have such a hard time putting chances away as Simon is having right now. The last flub was the icing on the cake. When Doc starts trolling you, it’s bad.

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
I really hope Guentzel - Malkin - Noesen clicks. We can give Rust to Crosby and hope Chucky turns it around with Sid.
Nah, leave G and Rust together. Absolutely no reason to break it up. Noesen could be tried with Sid. Maybe Sid will think he's playing with Kunitz if he forgets about handedness and squints a little. Anything to keep Simon as far away from the top-6 as possible.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@JTG

Doc didn't troll... that is not what trolling is.

Doc dug into Simon a bit, but nothing that wasn't warranted.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'm kind of excited to see how Noesen does next game. I don't watch WBS games, so seeing how the guy was in tight I found really interesting. Sid and Jake enjoy that in-tight, 1 touch game a lot. He seems like he's made for that.

Ms Maggie

Apr 11, 2017
@JTG

Doc didn't troll... that is not what trolling is.

Doc dug into Simon a bit, but nothing that wasn't warranted.
I took Doc's comments as more commiserating w Simon, he did have some really bad puck luck. But it did border on the comical. (Comical because we won of course!)

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Replace Simon with Noesen this game, and he has 5 goals. I don’t know if I have ever seen a player have such a hard time putting chances away as Simon is having right now. The last flub was the icing on the cake. When Doc starts trolling you, it’s bad.

It's almost comical how bad Simon is at finishing plays considering he's pretty good at a lot of other aspects of the game.

It's like he's a Create-A-Player in NHL19 where the person who created him used up all his attribute points and had nothing left to allocate to the shooting category and had to leave it at zero.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Geno cannot possibly want to play with Simon again. Geno should have had a 7 point game. He was serving passes up on a platter and nothing would happen with them.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Geno cannot possibly want to play with Simon again. Geno should have had a 7 point game. He was serving passes up on a platter and nothing would happen with them.
I don't think that's how Geno thinks. He was continually feeding Simon trying to get him out of the scoring slump. If anything, Geno will continue to do that because Geno's a big ol' sweetheart. :laugh:

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
It's almost comical how bad Simon is at finishing plays considering he's pretty good at a lot of other aspects of the game.

It's like he's a Create-A-Player in NHL19 where the person who created him used up all his attribute points and had nothing left to allocate to the shooting category and had to leave it at zero.

He is a pretty decent passer. If there were 5 levels to rank, I'd put him at a solid 4. He is a decent enough skater - 3. He is intelligent and can put himself into really good positions to score (as we saw last night) - 4. Defensively responsible - 3. Quite literally, if he could put pucks away we would be talking about how Sid has finally found his RWer. His woes go well beyond being snakebitten. Snakebitten would imply that he was able to score goals before. This dude just cannot score. He is on a 38 point pace right now. He is on pace for 6 goals. I want to call him Robert Lang, but Robert Lang was just an unwillingness to shoot.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Apparently AG isn’t playing with Malkin again.

Heard on Madden that AG floats to the middle too much and it’s driving Malkin nuts.

AG really is a dud. He meshes with absolutely no one. We need to find a Hagelin-Perron type deal. Bring someone in that can be a shot to the arm.

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Apparently AG isn’t playing with Malkin again.

Heard on Madden that AG floats to the middle too much and it’s driving Malkin nuts.
noticed that on the PP last night a good bit. Dude just looks absolutely clueless where to actually be on the ice at any point in time. it's why being able to find the soft spots is such an underappreciated skill to have.

MrRuckus

Nov 7, 2019
Maybe Wild Thing just needs some glasses and he'll become an all star

The dude couldn't even see that he came no where close to scoring and celebrated anyway

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
If JR were to flip Bjugstad, Galchenyuk, and Simon for 3 guys who bring a pulse, this team would rival 2016 in terms of speed and energy.
Even if Bjugstad isn’t moved, he could play the roll of Fehr.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
He has 10 points in 19 games and has two solid goals. Anyone expecting anything other than what he has been given the ice time and situations he has been put in is reaching.

Two solid goals...so an 8 goal pace. We shouldn't expect more than an 8 goal pace? The 3rd overall pick, 30 goal scorer...we shouldn't expect more than an 8 goal pace?

He has been playing with Geno. He is f***ing lost. You can believe what you like and say whatever you need to make yourself feel better. He does not fit here. I don't give a shit about his 8 assists and "two solid goals."

We have these guys. The Pens need guys who Gally is supposed to be.

We need depth scorers, but they need to bring energy. We don't have to go out and try to land a 30-40 goal scorer, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad