Post-Game Talk: Penguins 3, Blues 0 - No Johnson, No Problem

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
ZAR got scratched at the cost of Tanev, seems like a Sully move.

not at the cost of because Tanev is missing from his lineup too...I just assumed Tanev lost an edge at practice and is out for a month with a LBI...otherwise I’m perplexed why Lafferty, Gally and Bjug all get hats over Tanev...

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I admire your attempt to scratch ZAR from the lineup, Dream Weaver...

source.gif

Reactions: Andy99

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Reaching for what? Galchenyuk has been fine. Keyword is fine.

The funny part is going to be when he is scratched for ZAR or Simon when we are healthy.

When healthy, I'd rather have Lafferty in the lineup over Galchenyuk. He at least brings energy and generates chances. Galchenyuk has 6 ES points. Lafferty has 10.

Reactions: Louis Hensler

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
That Maatta deal feels like the biggest key to this season so far.

Kauhn is what we all hoped AG would be, and if Maatta was still around, Marino would either be sitting in the A or would have never signed with the Pens.

If that moved never happened, I’m pretty sure the Kessel trade would be a bigger issue around here, even if it was the right time to move on from Kessel.

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
Easier said than done, but in a perfect world, that would happen. I think Simon brings a pulse, but the way he’s used here, he’s a huge detriment.

I respectfully disagree. He’s been playing with Geno, and needs to produce more. As others have mentioned, he just doesn’t mesh with anyone. Hopefully that changes.

I think he’d be a solid 4C, but he’s not the least bit physical, or tough. And I think once he’s healthy, he goes back to 3C. Or top 6 next time someone goes down. Which I think is the wrong move.

If I remeber correctly, Fehr played RW on the 4th line in the 2016 playoffs with spot duty next to Malkin.
Kuhnhackl Cullen Fehr

Reactions: ncm7772

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
If I remeber correctly, Fehr played RW on the 4th line in the 2016 playoffs with spot duty next to Malkin.
Kuhnhackl Cullen Fehr

That’s correct, he did. Played on L2 with Geno through Round 2. Just saying on this team, I don’t see him playing on the wing.

Getting off topic here but man, that was a hell of a 4th line. Never would think so looking at it on paper.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guentz

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Alex "Perfectly Fine What Did You Expect" Galchenyuk is my favorite new meme hot off the HF Pens presses. :laugh:

The dude has sucked for the vast majority of our games, even with the expectation that he wouldn't put up close to what Phil has in the past. It doesn't matter that Phil has sucked in Arizona, that doesn't suddenly absolve AG of looking like he has no pulse most shifts.

He's an expiring contract that the clock's ticking until the summer right now, as far as I'm concerned. Valueless in a trade, no real fit in the lineup. Maybe he finds another gear and excels, but through the first couple months of the season he's been a wet fart.

Reactions: ImporterExporter

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I admire your attempt to scratch ZAR from the lineup, Dream Weaver...

And it’s so stupid. But we’ve all beat it to death.

That Maatta deal feels like the biggest key to this season so far.

Kauhn is what we all hoped AG would be, and if Maatta was still around, Marino would either be sitting in the A or would have never signed with the Pens.

If that moved never happened, I’m pretty sure the Kessel trade would be a bigger issue around here, even if it was the right time to move on from Kessel.

Kahun has been a pleasant surprise. I’m happy with him so far.

I always find it fascinating how specific posters and absolutely adore a player so much that they will die on a hill for them, or they hate them so much that the guy could solve world hunger and they would say he didn't feed enough people.

Love it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I always find it fascinating how specific posters and absolutely adore a player so much that they will die on a hill for them, or they hate them so much that the guy could solve world hunger and they would say he didn't feed enough people.

You say "fascinating", I say "pathetic".

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
That’s correct, he did. Played on L2 with Geno through Round 2. Just saying on this team, I don’t see him playing on the wing.

Getting off topic here but man, that was a hell of a 4th line. Never would think so looking at it on paper.

Well that was before Cullen's skating took a hit- he was still a difficult player to defend. Plus Kuhn played hard on the forecheck and bodied people.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

ZAR could solve world hunger, tell us where Hoffa is buried, cure cancer, save the environment, and give me a ‘69 original numbers Nova...

... and he would still be Craig Adams twin on the ice.

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Louis Hensler

Jul 24, 2019

I want to see Bjug at wing before they try to move him. Pens are thin on the right side. If he can help there, might be worth keeping around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad