Post-Game Talk: Penguins 2, Islanders 1 (OT) - CDS Saves Dead Team Skating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
With zero sense of urgency. Zero. Kessel, Sid, and Horny are the 3 playing with passion right now. It's so frustrating to watch these guys play so casual. Sheahan should be playing for his NHL career. Brassard should win at least one battle. Rust... jesus. And then to see Dumo play as bad as he's ever played. Letang being mentally weak tonight. I don't get it.

What happened to the team that turned the other way and played speed/skill. It was literally 2 years ago. It's not like i'm calling for 1995 or something.

JR’s fault.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Brassard to wing. I guess. Only place, besides centering Horny where he has looked good.

So...Sheahan is the 3C?

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Had em all the way

Desmith is a beast. Stole that one.

We deserved to lose this, but deserved to win the sens game. I'll take the 3 points from the two games I guess.

Yep...totally undeserved win but nice to be on the receiving end of it once in awhile and have a goalie steal a game...

It’s just unfortunate that we had to give our competition for a PO spot a point...those are things that leave a team out of the POs at the end of the season...

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Great morale win for the team. I thought we were about to lose again in OT shorthanded again. But Desmith played like Degod and you could see at the end all the dads were really into it. I saw Troy Crosby high five some other dad after Kessels mark. I think this game meant a lot to the boys

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
With zero sense of urgency. Zero. Kessel, Sid, and Horny are the 3 playing with passion right now. It's so frustrating to watch these guys play so casual. Sheahan should be playing for his NHL career. Brassard should win at least one battle. Rust... jesus. And then to see Dumo play as bad as he's ever played. Letang being mentally weak tonight. I don't get it.

What happened to the team that turned the other way and played speed/skill. It was literally 2 years ago. It's not like i'm calling for 1995 or something.
if we ever missed Horny that would be tonight, other than first line, no one absolutely no one around the net, with these weird bounces off the wall and a bunch of blocked shots, it was one and done all night long

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Others have mentioned it and I agree wholeheartedly that with most players there is lack of intensity, urgency and attention to detail. And it's been prevalent for quite some time now, save a few exceptions.

Reactions: BHD

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This is all part of the strategy. They will spend the next two months playing Mike Johnston hockey and then the shackles come off.

:popcorn:

Reactions: Andy99

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'll definitely take the win. I think DeSmith is saving our butts. It's a beaut.

I'll say this, no matter how frustrating it is, i'm 100% not taking these Sid moments for granted. He may not be getting 4 points a night, but he's dominating these games. The one play where he was on the ground and got up while doing a spin move around the dman to control the puck was insane. I'll never take a night for granted because it's going to be over soon.

But at the same time, the mass frustration from Dumo (tonight), Rust, Sheahan, Maatta, Oleksiak, Brass, etc. Just drives me crazy. Fine young cannibals crazy.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Others have mentioned it and I agree wholeheartedly that with most players there is lack of intensity, urgency and attention to detail. And it's been prevalent for quite some time now, save a few exceptions.

I think part of it is compete level. I think part of is certain players (Sheahan, Johnson, ZAR) just not being that good.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
The whole ZAR thing is, for a lack of a better word, biz-zar. I don't get the attention given to a player who doesn't do anything particularly well.

Me neither . . .

SullivanCrop.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: