• Braden Schneider

• Igor Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
Great game, but the number of people standing still looking at their phone in the corridors was too damn high! WTF are you people even doing? Walk!

Reactions: TheDirtyH

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
not sure if anyone else senses this but i feel like whenever the puck gets retrieved deep in our zone, there's like a 50% chance we get the puck out of zone. Otherwise we turn it over and it leads to a shot against. I'll give the Pens some credit for their fore check but there has to be some issue with the Rangers' inability to get the puck out of their own zone. so many turnovers in game 1 and 2.
Thats why we match up poorly against the canes. Their forecheck will be too much for us unless they figure it out.

Reactions: Daves a mess

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
You're making up shit. I literally said earlier that the Nemeth penalty was bullshit and that I never agreed that the Pens plays toward the end of the 1st were penalties. Nothing at all about the Rangers committing any penalties.

And JohnC is right, Shesty did intentionally get his body in the way of Carter.

It isn't about being virtuous lol, it's about being accurate.
I didn’t make anything up. It is not accurate. Watch the replay!

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
that line was getting murdered so that might be a good thing

edit: the three of them had the highest corsi on the team, how the f***?
i thought they all had good games. good forchecking and puck possession. that line should stay together and get some more time.

fox and miller are just such treats to watch. still worried about mika and kreider. neither mika nor panarin could complete a shot without putting it right into the goalies chest. not surprised panarin got the kind of goal he did lol

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Laf and Kakko have a combined 5 shots in 9 periods. C‘mon boys.

Reactions: mas0764

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
But the other one moves
tschhhh
b50a69d5f5b809e964c1ea8747bd0ac00e6e3426.gifv

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
Why can’t we play Miller with Fox? Jones with Trouba? Schneider and Braun?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I don't think Shesterkin really planned to get his body in the way quite like people are talking about. He barely had time to look up and see Carter coming, seemed more like a reaction to try to brace himself for incidental contact by having a split second to instinctively turn his body a bit.
We see this shit in super slow motion and over and we think that these guys have ages to plan something that happens in a split second and they're functioning purely on reaction.

Various thoughts...Rangers need to tighten up their D pretty bad. I think a big part is the forwards are constantly getting caught deep, the Pens can push in the Rangers D and create confusion from that, so you end up with a lot of guys uncovered and pens getting plays going to the net with players open etc. That's their gameplan...the home run pass to start a fast break and trap the opposing forwards deep, etc. Rangers need to find a way to counter that better.

While I haven't been/can't manage to watch the games super closely I suspect Sullivan is targeting the kid line and really trying to get Crosby out against them and Gallant is trying to shelter them. Something's gotta give there eventually.

Was just about ready for Vatrano to get yanked from that top line and then he responds tonight with a good game

Pens are going to go exactly as far as Crosby can drag them

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
i thought they all had good games. good forchecking and puck possession. that line should stay together and get some more time.

fox and miller are just such treats to watch. still worried about mika and kreider. neither mika nor panarin could complete a shot without putting it right into the goalies chest. not surprised panarin got the kind of goal he did lol

Kreider was much better today. Still not good enough but it was a massive leap from game 1.

I don't know why people are complaining about the 3rd line. They did what they needed to do and should have had the winner in game 1 before the dumb ass league took it away from them.

GG96

Feb 21, 2020
I do love playoff hockey. Watching Stars/Flames. Chippy. Slashes. Shoves. f*** You. No f*** You.

Reactions: Loff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad