Pending Prospect Deal

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Because he doesn't have eye-popping numbers and this is the second season post-draft for him. I'm very high on him though. He scores clutch goals like nobody's business and is solid in every area of the game

Klimmer doesn't have any kind of sexy factor; and unless he changes his current projection, he won't be a top line player.

I feel you'll get a Justin Williams type, or a poor-mans Parise out of Klimchuk; plays the game the right way, won't amaze you with numbers, but is a team guy who plays big when the time comes. Kind of a middle 6 guy, most likely.

Meanwhile Poirier has all signs pointing to being a lock as a top 6; dominated the Q; and now is the leading scorer on his team in really his first full year of AHL eligibility; tough not to get excited over this kid.

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Personally I think Klimchuk and Poirier have equal upsides and each could be a first line player but I also think we probably move one if not both of them given that a Bennett - Monahan - Gaudreau line is probably what we'll be running with two or three years down the road.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Personally I think Klimchuk and Poirier have equal upsides and each could be a first line player but I also think we probably move one if not both of them given that a Bennett - Monahan - Gaudreau line is probably what we'll be running with two or three years down the road.

I have a feeling Bennett will be given the center roll very quickly in this organization, along the lines of Gally in MTL. Wing him with an experienced Center to show him the ropes and go from there. It's not like he doesn't have the frame for it (I'd understand if he was like 5'9'' and a buck sixty); he's a +6 footer; who's just lean right now. I am really excited to see what the trainers have been doing with him since his shoulder injury... it's excited Bennett's learning how to train like an NHLer while he's injured; he's getting a chance to keep an eye on this team, and understand 'this is what I need to do to be here regularly and playing the game I want'.

This and having a 1-2 punch of Monahan and Bennett down the middle will be one most teams struggle with in my opinion (because they're completely different, but completely dangerous).

Poirier and Klimmer are going to be key pieces to when this team lifts the mug again.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Poirer has a better pro skillset in my opinion. Speed to burn, Size, Grit, and a good shot
Klimchuk also skates quite well, has a very good shot and is a more adept playmaker while being better defensively. Klimchuk has much less risk to his game than Poirier, his floor is much higher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad