Pending Prospect Deal

dcookson

Aug 20, 2014
My thoughts as well. They probably were talking about Klimchuk's rights being traded to either Medicine Hat or Brandon.

There are reports going around on Twitter that John Paddock will address the media at 11:15am (Regina time). Sounds like a deal to Medicine Hat was initally reported but Brandon is looking more likely.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I think he is officially in Brandon. Reports that this deal was done a while ago.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Womp. I'm going to the game vs Regina this month and was looking forward to seeing him play. :laugh:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
You boyz think klimmer will pan out?

I'm on the fence with Klimchuk. Smart player, but from what I've seen of him, he's nothing that special. I think he'll end up being a decent 3rd liner. I do hope we eventually see him with Sven though, as I think Klimchuk would adjust to the RW fine, and I think they'd do really well together.

Last edited:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Good for him to go to Brandon. They are a great team. Though I'm sure he would have also liked to go to Medicine Hat, closer to home and would've gotten out of MB.

Would be cool if he went deep in the playoffs in his last junior season. Very interested to see him in the AHL next year, I believe his offense will translate a lot better than his numbers this year might indicate.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't understand why Klimchuk gets so little hype on here when guys like Poirier are drooled over and considered can't miss.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I don't understand why Klimchuk gets so little hype on here when guys like Poirier are drooled over and considered can't miss.
Because he doesn't have eye-popping numbers and this is the second season post-draft for him. I'm very high on him though. He scores clutch goals like nobody's business and is solid in every area of the game

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Because he doesn't have eye-popping numbers and this is the second season post-draft for him. I'm very high on him though. He scores clutch goals like nobody's business and is solid in every area of the game
When he returned from injury he was put with a couple players that were 16/17 years old and put into his off wing. Despite that he was still over a point per game.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Because Poirier has shown that he can continue to put up decent number in the next level (AHL)?

Klimchuk got cut from the WJC and this is his last year of junior so he supposes to dominate but he is not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad