Speculation: Pekka Rinne

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
i

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
We may have to decide early if Carter Hutton can carry a much bigger load.

I'd be rehearsing my Moose calls if I were Poile.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
Rinne didn't look close to 100% last night. His movement from side to side just wasn't there. Hutton looked solid but if we have to rely on him I'm I think we might be looking at a really tough start to the season.

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
i think it depends on how tonight goes...mainly speaking if we lose. My friend watched the game with me last night and he asked me the question after Rinne's third goal against, he said "is rinne done?" never thought about it but he definitely did not look 100% and i hope this injury wasn't something that may have plagued the rest of his career. Strong and healthy hips are vital for a goaltender.

Hutton didn't look bad, but what about signing Theodore to a 1yr if Rinne needs extended time to nurse the injury?

Phototropic

Feb 4, 2012
Chattanooga
The only goal he didn't look good on to me was the 2nd. He definitely looked awkward moving to his left. My hope is that he thought Klein could prevent the move back to the inside, so he was not ready for it, but we'll see.

The first goal was due to Josi blocking what would likely have been an easy save, and most goalies would have been beat by the passing on the 3rd goal, having to go completely across the net and then immediately back across from close range.

If he is not ready to go, I'm confident he won't be in the lineup. There's no need to risk him right now.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
i think it depends on how tonight goes...mainly speaking if we lose. My friend watched the game with me last night and he asked me the question after Rinne's third goal against, he said "is rinne done?" never thought about it but he definitely did not look 100% and i hope this injury wasn't something that may have plagued the rest of his career. Strong and healthy hips are vital for a goaltender.

Hutton didn't look bad, but what about signing Theodore to a 1yr if Rinne needs extended time to nurse the injury?

That would be admitting that the hierarchy was wrong wrt Pekka's severity of his hip injury

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Can't do, he's in the KHL now

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Bryz would love it here. No one would give a crap how weird he is, and I'd love to hear his deep spiritual thoughts about Broadway and the honky tonks.

gratefulpred

Eternal Optimist
Jun 27, 2011
Almo Heights, KY
Bryz would love it here. No one would give a crap how weird he is, and I'd love to hear his deep spiritual thoughts about Broadway and the honky tonks.

IF and only IF Peks has a problem, I could see taking a flyer on him too....be nerve wracking for sure but better than putting it all on the new guy.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Peks would have to go on IR if we are going to spend money on anyone.

I agree about him only looking poor on one goal. The first goal was just bad puck luck. The other two were more bad defense than Pekka, though I do think if he were 100% he may have been able to get at least one of those second two.

Who is the twitter source saying he isn't even close to 100%?

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Isn't Hedberg still looking for a job? Yes he's ancient, but he's a proven NHL backup and can handle a 20-30 game work load. Would be a much more secure tandem.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Let the speculation continues. Rinne looked after last night, although I think most of it was mental laspes and not a result of his bum hip.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Pekks played solid last night, there were several high quality stops. He was not the issue.

I put blame on the second goal entirely on him. He lost the puck and created the chance.

He did better towards the end, but I would still say he was a bit of a liability.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
The puck got poked away from him on the 2nd goal. Not his best but he was great the rest of the game.

I'll take your word for it. It was a simple cover up and from my POV, looked like he botched.

The rest of the game I agree he wasn't bad, but I felt like the 2nd goal was the one that put the game out of reach. With our offense, being down 2 goals with the game Beriner was having, was just too much to ask for.

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
I think any one of us could have shut out that team last night with the quality of shots we were putting up.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
Rinne was fine last night in the 54 minutes of the game I watched, looked fine against Minnesota, and looked fine against Colorado. I don't think goaltending will be an issue going forward.

Last edited:

Jarnberg

Jul 10, 2002
Nashville
Visit site
Pekka was fine last night. Yeah a bit of a gaffe on the second goal but overall he is fine. Too many people who don't know how to watch hockey always fall back to blaming the goalie because, well the puck went in right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad