Speculation: Pekka Rinne

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I'm not so sure about that, the Kessel goal was a goal scorer's goal

He was talking about our shots, not theirs.

I didn't see the third and fourth goals, only the first two. Rinne looked bad on the second. Placing the entire blame on him is unreasonable, though. A lot of mistakes took place leading up to that goal. Rinne's was just the most obvious (and possibly the most embarrassing).

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
Not so sure the Goalie is the problem. Almost every Goalie will have a game like the St Louis one but he cam back and played a good next game. Problem is that the Goalie isn't going to score goals for you! Glad to hear VS may return Sat but he is not going to account for 2-3 goals a game.

I am not understanding some of Trotz lines he has playing. And the new players that were brought in is a head scratcher too. Would not have expected Nystrom to be playing pretty well and Cullen to be so bad. He cant shoot and win a face-off, which was why we signed him. I know it is early, at least that is what I am telling myself.

token grinder

Facts Get Deleted
Sep 29, 2009
Alleged Mod Abuser
He was talking about our shots, not theirs.

I didn't see the third and fourth goals, only the first two. Rinne looked bad on the second. Placing the entire blame on him is unreasonable, though. A lot of mistakes took place leading up to that goal. Rinne's was just the most obvious (and possibly the most embarrassing).

no, the second goal was ENTIELY his fault. He was looking like he normally does to keep play moving and was slow to cover the puck. the leaf player (JVR?) mde a hell of a play andmade us pay.

Persona5

Apr 22, 2013
Nashville
no, the second goal was ENTIELY his fault. He was looking like he normally does to keep play moving and was slow to cover the puck. the leaf player (JVR?) mde a hell of a play andmade us pay.

While the second goal was 50% Rinne he also made a bunch of really good saves throughout the game. We would have lost against the wild if not for Rinne. He isn't the problem. Our lack of D is the issue. People really need to remember there is a total of 1099 games played for our entire 7 man d-core. 102 of those games are out with an injury. 892 games are split between two (Klein & Weber). That leaves a total of 105 games between the other 4 guys that we are throwing on the ice every night. The funny thing is the two with 4 & 7 games experience have played pretty well.

Plain and simply our D is not going to be that good this season and with the way our forwards are playing I think we are going to end up with another high pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad