TSN: Pearson traded to Pittsburgh

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Exactly, the FO has its sights set on someone and they’re taking the Lakers route by acquiring one year deals... it’s a dump for Panarin(example) and a lose for Hughes
I don't know if it's a lose for Hughes. So far this season Hagelin is a more useful player than Pearson. Great speed obviously. Not much scoring but actually makes an impact on the game.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What part of hard cap don't people get? Can't trade a guy with 2 years left after this one just for picks. Not when he's got 0 goals and 1 point in 17 games, and selling very low. Beggars cannot be choosers. You want Pearson gone, you take what's out there.

Assuming they don't re-sign him, that's $4m off the cap, which is Doughty's raise.
Yeah, I think this is the first of a couple of moves. As you astutely point out the Kings rid themselves for a $4M cap hit at the end of the season. Hagelin will be easier to flip at the deadline as his contract expires at the end of the season. Get a prospect or a pick for Hagelin, and it's a good move for the Kings.

I think Pearson hasn't been himself ever since he broke his leg. That was a tough injury. I wish the guy the best and hope he makes it in Pittsburgh.

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
Luc and Blake got the promotions because they believe the Kings can compete now. No rebuilding team brings in Kovlachuk at his age unless they think they can win now.

Lombardi for whatever faults and mistakes he made in some signings, wanted a rebuild, AEG wanted a winner.

If this ship isn't righted shortly before the deadline expect major changes.

As far as Pearson he showed up out of shape and not very motivated.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Pearson’s contract is awful, $3.75M for two more additional years of doing nothing but playing like a pansy.

This was a way to get out of it. And thank god we no longer have to see that 70s line together ever again.

Oh, just you wait, Hagelin will don a number in the 70's and be placed alongside Carter & Toffoli

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Hopefully they´re still looking to move bodies. Might as well gut the team, a comeback isn´t looking very likely at this point. Martinez next?

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't know if it's a lose for Hughes. So far this season Hagelin is a more useful player than Pearson. Great speed obviously. Not much scoring but actually makes an impact on the game.
Our problem is lack of scoring and as you just pointed out... this trade does nothing in that department.. We’ll continue to lose because the veteran leadership isn’t doing much and the depth players are pretty bad.. oh and our defense, well you saw how bad that is last night... So yeah, it’s really Lose for Hughes

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Not surprised he got shipped to the Pens. Would have liked Sprong but salaries do not match.

Well, Hagelin certainly has speed which the roster desperately needs an injection of.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
This is pretty clearly a trade to make space. The question is, what does Blake want to do with that space? I honestly could see Nylander on the Kings, with Hags/Muzzin/picks going the other way. Not saying I like it, but I get the feeling that is what will happen next.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Kings get older and a rental?

****ing kidding me?
All for a guy who can't do anything Wagner couldn't while also gaining valuable experience at 25% of the price.

Sure, maybe Hagelin gets flipped for a 3rd or 4th at the deadline. But this team doesn't need cap space to spend on another vet next summer, it needs picks.

Blake has been a disaster as GM. Every move has been the exact opposite of what the team needs to move forward.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Our problem is lack of scoring and as you just pointed out... this trade does nothing in that department.. We’ll continue to lose because the veteran leadership isn’t doing much and the depth players are pretty bad.. oh and our defense, well you saw how bad that is last night... So yeah, it’s really Lose for Hughes
The Kings are also awful defensively so he'll help there. He's a really good PKer and plays well defensively. But the Kings d-men kind of suck this year so he won't help there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad