TSN: Pearson traded to Pittsburgh

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If it's Hagelin for Pearson, sure Hagelin adds some speed, but he is 30 years old. This trade doesn't do much for the Kings unless Blake is hoping to flip Hagelin to a contender for a prospect or pick at the deadline. Hopefully, there is more than just Hagelin coming back in this deal, but I doubt it.

Reactions: Legionnaire

Inner Turbulence

Jun 12, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
If it's Hagelin for Pearson, sure Hagelin adds some speed, but he is 30 years old. This trade doesn't do much for the Kings unless Blake is hoping to flip Hagelin to a contender for a prospect or pick at the deadline. Hopefully, there is more than just Hagelin coming back in this deal, but I doubt it.

Just "word of mouth" information so far. Hope there's more in it. Could be to get out from under Pearsons contract. Which is a depressing thought from just a year ago. I was quite optimistic about his "new approach" under Stevens.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Carl Hagelin having a good season is basically like Tanner Pearson having a bad one, stat wise. Not gonna help much. I guess it´s basically just to get rid of Pearsons contract. Might be able to flip Hagelin for a third or something at the deadline.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

I think it's this, he gets out of the cap hit for Pearson, Hagelin is a UFA so think term.....plus he can flip for a 3rd or 4th later on....

It's not a blockbuster, it's a wakeup call to rest of team possibly, but it also gives Blake flexibility now...or more than he had....

I don't love it, but don't hate it...it just...is

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
What part of hard cap don't people get? Can't trade a guy with 2 years left after this one just for picks. Not when he's got 0 goals and 1 point in 17 games, and selling very low. Beggars cannot be choosers. You want Pearson gone, you take what's out there.

Assuming they don't re-sign him, that's $4m off the cap, which is Doughty's raise.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Hagelin is a free agent this summer. His $4+ million cap hit expires. That's all this was for the Kings. Not sure if I like it. Pearson was absolutely awful this season but at least he's young and has upside.

Edit: Kings will almost assuredly flip Hagelin at the deadline for a pick. So it's basically Pearson for cap space and a 3rdish round pick.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
The only way I’m ok with this is if we trade hagelin for picks at the deadline or earlier

Removing Pearson’s contract helps however

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Hagelin is a free agent this summer. His $4+ million cap hit expires. That's all this was for the Kings. Not sure if I like it. Pearson was absolutely awful this season but at least he's young and has upside.

Edit: Kings will almost assuredly flip Hagelin at the deadline for a pick. So it's basically Pearson for cap space and a 3rdish round pick.
Exactly, the FO has its sights set on someone and they’re taking the Lakers route by acquiring one year deals... it’s a dump for Panarin(example) and a lose for Hughes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad