Post-Game Talk: Peanut butter lowlifes vs nutella upstanding citizens Nucks @ Caps 7:0Xpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
When I compared Kuzy's long smooth strides to Fedorov's in the playoffs last year, I got bashed and people were saying I was exaggerating. Now everyone sees how this guy skates and says the same thing I was saying a long time ago :laugh:

IMO Kuznetsov does not have close to the power in his stride that Fedorov did. I don't see the power of Fedorov in Kuznetsov's skating or the flat out speed of say a Bure. How about Mogilny for a comparison?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
IMO Kuznetsov does not have close to the power in his stride that Fedorov did. I don't see the power of Fedorov in Kuznetsov's skating or the flat out speed of say a Bure. How about Mogilny for a comparison?

Fedorov, Bure and Mogilny were all stronger dudes than Kuzy. However, from a technical POV, Kuzy's technique resembles Fedorov's. They glide effortlessly on the ice and are very mobile laterally.
Bure was like Ovechkin, they grind through the ice as they skate.

Apr 6, 2004
Fedorov, Bure and Mogilny were all stronger dudes than Kuzy. However, from a technical POV, Kuzy's technique resembles Fedorov's. They glide effortlessly on the ice and are very mobile laterally.
Bure was like Ovechkin, they grind through the ice as they skate.

I think this is well said. He doesn't have the raw power in his stride that you see with Chimmer for example .... just brute force and strength. It's elegant and effortless as you said. I do see the Fed comparison but more in the context you described above.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you watch the replay you can see Kuzy take a look over his shoulder at Wilson before Burra chipped the puck back to him. That is hockey sense.

Yep I noticed that too, just a sneaky quick peek, then one of the dirtiest backhand saucers I've ever seen.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
has anyone else noticed how many of these games the Caps are winning 4-1? obviously 70 is a huge part of that, but it really speaks to how decisively they are winning. It's the killer instinct to really put teams away that we've all been begging for for years. Now if can translate to games in a series, we'll be in pretty damn good shape.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
has anyone else noticed how many of these games the Caps are winning 4-1? obviously 70 is a huge part of that, but it really speaks to how decisively they are winning. It's the killer instinct to really put teams away that we've all been begging for for years. Now if can translate to games in a series, we'll be in pretty damn good shape.

We were 7-1 in shots in the 3rd period at one point. They're definitely not letting up like they used to in years past.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Niskanen's random, for-no-reason "get-on-the-floor, *****" move preceding the Caps second goal was....wonderful.

It's time to be the bullies.

There was a reason for that though, someone had decked Burakovsky

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

We're undefeated when leading after the 1st period. That speaks as much to me as our 33-7-3 record.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
33-7-3

Thats just silly to look at.

They mentioned on NHL tonight I believe that the record for wins in a season for a goalie is Brodeur with 48 and that Holtby was "on pace" for over 50. The team as a whole is frightening when they're all putting in the effort and Holtby is playing well.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
They mentioned on NHL tonight I believe that the record for wins in a season for a goalie is Brodeur with 48 and that Holtby was "on pace" for over 50. The team as a whole is frightening when they're all putting in the effort and Holtby is playing well.

Caps have everything needed to win the cup, tbh.

#1 stud goalie

#1 stud d-man

#1 stud center

#2 stud center who puts up #1 numbers

#1 stud winger

Secondary scoring all around with guys who turn it up in the playoffs (Williams, Richards) etc

Balanced defensive core

It's gonna be a long road but this is the year. This year and next to get it done tbh, and I think the Caps have the best shot at it.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Caps have everything needed to win the cup, tbh.

#1 stud goalie

#1 stud d-man

#1 stud center

#2 stud center who puts up #1 numbers

#1 stud winger

Secondary scoring all around with guys who turn it up in the playoffs (Williams, Richards) etc

Balanced defensive core

It's gonna be a long road but this is the year. This year and next to get it done tbh, and I think the Caps have the best shot at it.

Without a doubt the CAPS will lead the league in paranoid fans AINEC.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006

could be level of competition, could be skill up and down the lineup, could be both.....lol

what ive noticed happening on a consistent basis is the total SCHOOLING they put on in terms of puck control at times.

i find myself, saying to myself, its a damn clinic theyre putting on.

i cannot remember the last time this team was like that.

Maruk moustache

Apr 6, 2011
Austin
could be level of competition, could be skill up and down the lineup, could be both.....lol

what ive noticed happening on a consistent basis is the total SCHOOLING they put on in terms of puck control at times.

i find myself, saying to myself, its a damn clinic theyre putting on.

i cannot remember the last time this team was like that.

I do remember. There is no last time this team was like this in terms of puck possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad