Post-Game Talk: Peanut butter lowlifes vs nutella upstanding citizens Nucks @ Caps 7:0Xpm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Hey guys. Solid season thus far. Would like to see OV get a SC ring myself.

Question. Any news on your boy Carlson?? Is he still a ways off or expected back soon..

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Burakovsky keeps playing the way he is and it makes this team that much better. Would let Mojo stay at 3c and Beagle go to the 4th line when he's healthy.

Still dominating teams without the 1st defensive pairing. :laugh:

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
All the posters that wanted to send Bura to Hershey...he is now playing on a skilled line where he can show his talent....for anyone to say he should have been sent back to Hershey is ridiculous.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
All the posters that wanted to send Bura to Hershey...he is now playing on a skilled line where he can show his talent....for anyone to say he should have been sent back to Hershey is ridiculous.
At the time it wasn't ridiculous. He wasn't putting up points and wasn't showing much.

Caps2Fan

Jan 6, 2014
He was on the 4th line..that is why he did not put up points

He played enough time on the second line earlier in the season to showcase his abilities with top end players. One or even two good games doesn't mean he should be in the NHL right now. Does anyone believe that a year in Hershey would actually be detrimental to his career, or even to the Capitals?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
You guys mind if I hop on the bandwagon? You remind me so much of the 2011 Canucks. Very similar style of game and level of dominance. Hopefully not losing in game 7 of the SCF but rather winning it.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
You guys mind if I hop on the bandwagon? You remind me so much of the 2011 Canucks. Very similar style of game and level of dominance. Hopefully not losing in game 7 of the SCF but rather winning it.

Sure, welcome on board!
I was rooting for the Nucks in 2011 but sadly the Bruins won. It was disturbing to see what happened to the city after the loss.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada

Hop aboard. I feel sympathy for Vancouver fans as I live in the Lower Mainland myself. I've got a good friend who is a diehard Canucks fan and it sure was fun to watch them in 1994. Should have beat those stinking Rangers. Grrr... :rant:
If the Caps can get by your former coach, AV, they stand a decent shot at it. :D

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Hop aboard. I feel sympathy for Vancouver fans as I live in the Lower Mainland myself. I've got a good friend who is a diehard Canucks fan and it sure was fun to watch them in 1994. Should have beat those stinking Rangers. Grrr... :rant:
If the Caps can get by your former coach, AV, they stand a decent shot at it. :D

Sure, welcome on board!
I was rooting for the Nucks in 2011 but sadly the Bruins won. It was disturbing to see what happened to the city after the loss.

Definitely ready for the rollercoaster of emotions that it takes supporting a team this good again. I just wish we could get the Sedins on the team at the trade deadline so they could potentially lift the cup with Ovi and the boys! Haha. Thanks guys, should be fun :yo:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Definitely ready for the rollercoaster of emotions that it takes supporting a team this good again. I just wish we could get the Sedins on the team at the trade deadline so they could potentially lift the cup with Ovi and the boys! Haha. Thanks guys, should be fun :yo:

Beware though, things can turn out pretty bad unexpectedly with this team. I suppose you know what it's like, the Canucks are like that too. If you see we're up 3-0 or 3-1 in a series, don't say anything until it's over ;)

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Kuznetsov - 1st goal: the deke was smooth as butter! The guy is just seamless, gliding in outer space, it didn't even look like he was trying on that goal. Awesome.

Wilson's goal: what a pass! Sneaky as hell, moving the other way while doing it. Brilliant.

EN goal: a nice one for an empty netter, just spins around without looking at the net and it goes in.

Just awesome skill.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I know it's becoming a dead horse that gets beaten every game, but Orlov and Schmidt are great puck movers. Breakouts when they're on the ice seem so easy

Orlov has great offensive skill for a defenseman, if you look at the way the guy moves, it's similar to Kuzya. The guy's having a good season and if he continues improving, he may become one of the best offensive defencemen in the league, imo.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
Orlov has great offensive skill for a defenseman, if you look at the way the guy moves, it's similar to Kuzya. The guy's having a good season and if he continues improving, he may become one of the best offensive defencemen in the league, imo.

They should try him at the PP. He has a monster slapper.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Bura had zero confidence in his game and was the worst forward on the team for most of the season. Physically overmatched, bad turnovers, too long to make decisions, giveaways in all three zones; he wasn't playing well. His game is not built to be a 4th liner. If he wasn't going to get top 6 minutes sending him to Hershey was the right call.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Nah, Orlov isn't anywhere close to Kuzya's fedorovian stride. He has a power skating style. I like how DIMA has looked so far.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Nah, Orlov isn't anywhere close to Kuzya's fedorovian stride. He has a power skating style. I like how DIMA has looked so far.

When I compared Kuzy's long smooth strides to Fedorov's in the playoffs last year, I got bashed and people were saying I was exaggerating. Now everyone sees how this guy skates and says the same thing I was saying a long time ago :laugh:

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
When I compared Kuzy's long smooth strides to Fedorov's in the playoffs last year, I got bashed and people were saying I was exaggerating. Now everyone sees how this guy skates and says the same thing I was saying a long time ago :laugh:
Get off your throne already, man :laugh:

HockeyTS32

Jun 14, 2011
Bura had zero confidence in his game and was the worst forward on the team for most of the season. Physically overmatched, bad turnovers, too long to make decisions, giveaways in all three zones; he wasn't playing well. His game is not built to be a 4th liner. If he wasn't going to get top 6 minutes sending him to Hershey was the right call.

This is exactly the reason why some of the fans were wanting Bura to be sent down. As someone above me mentioned, he was getting top 6 min in the beginning of the season and wasn't producing. He still has a ways to go in his develop (mainly defensive zone coverage and getting the puck out), but he has played well as of late.

They should try him at the PP. He has a monster slapper.

Orlov is currently on the second PP unit. You just don't see a lot of him because Nisk and Ovie stay out there for the majority of the PP. But, yes you are correct. He's got a rocket of a slapper.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Just saw the highlight of Wilson's goal... You can tell Kuzy was ITCHING to dig that puck out behind the net because Wilson was wide open in the slot for at least 10 seconds prior

If you watch the replay you can see Kuzy take a look over his shoulder at Wilson before Burra chipped the puck back to him. That is hockey sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad