GDT: PDSF Game 2 - 04.18.14 - at Anaheim - 9:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM/96.7 FM

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Why is it so hard for Ruffy to scratch a vet for load of mistakes, but anytime a younger guy makes a mistake while overall playing a solid game, it's straight to the popcorn section...
I think the big problem is he doesn't like any of the scratches. Sitting Whitney or Cole or Horcoff means playing Jeffrey or Mueller, and we've seen all season how Ruff only plays them if injuries force him to.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Cole was so worthless I have no words. I'd seriously prefer Dallas bring in Jeffery than watch him again this year. Eat salary or buy him out I don't care at this point he just doesn't need to be here next season.

The Ugly power play is back and once again costs us games.

I'm going to get ahead of the crowd and start hating Andersen now. He's got way too much Patrick Roy in his glove saves. I cannot stand him already.

Is it that ******* hard for a forward to pick up the backside winger driving the net? Anaheim flubbed 4 solid gold chances but no one had good coverage.

We can't be a 3 line team and win. Two new bodies need to draw in next to Sceviour or we're just spinning our wheels and management isn't remotely serious about trying to win.

Klingberg's ability to qb a power play is going to earn him a spot next year. Holy crap do we miss that.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
I'm upset, obviously.

But the fact that it was the vets that have cost us two games is still encouraging to me, though the Kari play is still disappointing.

No one thought they had a chance, but they've come and more than competed with them. Disappointing but bring this thing home Monday and grab a win.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
41 year old Ray Whitney with 6 minutes of powerplay time tonight. Just let that sink in. Exhale. Scream.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Overall, it sucks. But its good to know we are keeping the top seed of the west down to one-goal games. It just sucks that these games have been so winnable. We really are our own worst enemies sometimes and tonight was a prime example of that. Cole needs to go.

MetalGodAOD*

I think the big problem is he doesn't like any of the scratches. Sitting Whitney or Cole or Horcoff means playing Jeffrey or Mueller, and we've seen all season how Ruff only plays them if injuries force him to.

This, there are no better options for the bottom third of our D-pairs or bottom fourth of our forwards.

As people keep saying on Twitter, it's Nill's problem to fix.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Lehtonen looked like Dan Ellis tonight with all the pucks going over his shoulder. That 3rd goal should never have happened when it did because there was a clear blown slashing penalty.

Cole, Goligoski, and Gonchar killed us when we had any good chances going.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
If you put Goligoski there, you have to mention Seguin too.. Hopefully the last change at home can fire him up on Monday and from that point on..

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I'm not saying Lehtonen is the problem but when Dallas needed a clutch save he hasn't delivered. At this point do you start thinking about Thomas out there instead?

The young guys fight, scratch, claw...that was probably Chiasson's best game in months. Sure would be nice if the vets showed up. Seguin didn't have his best game but I know he's going to come out like his hair's on fire Monday.

The kids play hard for each other, I wonder if Nill will say I believe in them next year, bring up a couple from Austin, find another young 2nd line center and say this is my club, let them grow together because other than Daley pretty much everyone over 30 sucked tonight.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
Just finished watching... ugh. I really hope this series changes in Dallas, because the Stars are better than this. The Ducks are not this good, and the Stars are not this bad. The series score is very misleading.

Brand New Stars

I'd hate to think what the scores would be with Thomas flopping around.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
If you put Goligoski there, you have to mention Seguin too..

Seguin flubbed a pass that led directly to a goal, yes, but he also doesn't burn ridiculous amounts of zone time just standing with the puck at the point instead of keeping the play moving, or being completely useless at holding the point.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Wheeeeee

BljxNzGCIAAZVyk.jpg

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Whitney just isn't a catalyst on the powerplay anymore and has been ineffective all around. He's really done a great job at showing why teams wanted to only give him a 1 year contract.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I take that back, Fiddler in fact was not awful. Going down with the ship on the rest of the veterans though is going to make me cranky all freaking summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad