GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME THREE 7pm NBCSN

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Thornton with Meier and LaBanc against Cody Eakin and Ryan Carpenter is what I see in my wet dreams

before i felt hed be kind of a detriment, but i think hed be a boost at this point. players like eakin always seem to get the better of the sharks, i dont know why. and tierney is terrible against players like him.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
No Thornton or Donskoi tonight. I wonder what’s wrong with Donskoi, they call it a LBI but he seemed to be skating fine in game 2

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
hes probably playing through something. but man he was actually incredible last game. 75% SCF, 100% HDCF...but he only had 11 min 5v5 time.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I do like that deboer is changing things even after a win. We certainly have another gear. Just interesting to see tierney up there, but hes played that line before and it was good.

Well, DeBoer made this change in game 2. He apparently allows himself to make changes in the games themselves and use that going forward following a win but not personnel changes. lol

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
before i felt hed be kind of a detriment, but i think hed be a boost at this point. players like eakin always seem to get the better of the sharks, i dont know why. and tierney is terrible against players like him.

Eakin looked terrible on the GWG in game 2 but he definitely does seem to play better against the Sharks.

I am happy for Goodrow that he gets a chance to play a big role in tonight’s game and he definitely deserves it after a fantastic performance in game 2.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Eakin looked terrible on the GWG in game 2 but he definitely does seem to play better against the Sharks.

I am happy for Goodrow that he gets a chance to play a big role in tonight’s game and he definitely deserves it after a fantastic performance in game 2.
hes a good player, but hes not much in a scoring role so that worries me...but what options do we have with no donskoi?

hertl and cooch are too good together.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Bleh, playoff Donkey is so valuable. Pretty happy about Goodrow, 3rd line Goodrow also meh haha but hopefully Donkey only needs a game because he did at least get a shift in that 2nd OT? Hardly played but he didn't leave the bench?

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
hes probably playing through something. but man he was actually incredible last game. 75% SCF, 100% HDCF...but he only had 11 min 5v5 time.

If that’s from natural stat trick I’m not sure I trust it. Their numbers are super wonky regarding last game, it says LaBanc only played 4:19 all situations, and was on the ice for like 29 CF and 20 CA, which is all but impossible.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
If Thornton can hold his own and not get hurt again on that 3rd line for 5v5, I'd say put him in.

Its the PP where Thornton should be the game changer, and to a lessor extent, 4v4.

Something needs to be done on the PP because 2 for 12 in this series is not good enough. Bring in Thornton for that if it can be done.

It would also be nice for Thornton to make his entrance to kick off the homestand.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I wouldn't have put Goodrow in that spot honestly. At this point, I would've put Fehr up there and moved Goodrow in the middle on the 4th line. Either that or moved Sorensen up and just have Meier play the pivot. Goodrow has never looked good at center.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
Hearing Chris Tierney playing 1C tonight? Does anyone have the lineup yet? At least morning skate lineup?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I don't think Donskoi would have played last game but Kane got suspended so he sucked it up. That lineup does not give me much confidence or optimism. To make it worse he's probably going with the same d-pairs too. Playoff Jones has to show up. We need him.

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
I wouldn't have put Goodrow in that spot honestly. At this point, I would've put Fehr up there and moved Goodrow in the middle on the 4th line. Either that or moved Sorensen up and just have Meier play the pivot. Goodrow has never looked good at center.

My thoughts exactly. Goodrow has barely take in strides this season to earning a full-time fourth line winger job and being Efficient at it that’s a far cry from playing 3c in the playoffs. Fehr would have been my choice.

Last time I remember Tierney On the top line we got demolished first Nashville 7 to 2. I believe it was a small sample size and I can’t remember all the details but it wasn’t good

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Dont like these lines very much. With Thorton and Donskoi out I'd try...

Meier-Pavs-kane
Hertl-Couture-Labanc
Boedker-Tierney-Hansen/Sorenson
Goodrow-Fehr-Karlsson/Sorenson

I dont love the 3rd and 4th lines, but at least they would have an identity. The 3rd line would be very fast and the 4th would have some beef and grit. Pretty nervous about Tierney playing 1C. Hopefully Pavs and Kane can carry that line.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
errmmm on those lines....also Karlsson should not be on the ice anymore. This is a perfect time and team to put Hansen back in. You keep some speed and ad some physicality. He also ended the season with a bit of scoring touch again.

Jaleel619

Nov 16, 2016
SJ
Kane should be hauling ass tonight so I think itll be fine and since everybody seems to be stepping up any lines that aren't going shouldn't be too hard to fix.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
Something is up with Pete. His mismanagement of the Ryan situation has been frustrating. Not getting him a game in before the playoffs was poor mismanagement imo. And now, his apprehension with taking Martin out, is pure stubborness. Also, there’s been no evidence that Kane-Pavs-Tierney is a line worth icing. And Hansen deserves an opportunity to make an impact. I really liked his game against Vegas this year.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Something is up with Pete. His mismanagement of the Ryan situation has been frustrating. Not getting him a game in before the playoffs was poor mismanagement imo. And now, his apprehension with taking Martin out, is pure stubborness. Also, there’s been no evidence that Kane-Pavs-Tierney is a line worth icing. And Hansen deserves an opportunity to make an impact. I really liked his game against Vegas this year.
its called arrogance. I actually fault our own media for not bringing these kinds of things up and instead just pretend its not happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Joe19

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
its called arrogance. I actually fault our own media for not bringing these kinds of things up and instead just pretend its not happening.
No question it’s arrogence. But it’s tough to pin it on the local media. It’s such a small market, there aren’t many guys to begin with. Throw in the fact that sports journalism has become very fractured and fragile over the past couple of years, it’s tough to navigate. And as much as I love the Sharks, the franchise has become very insular and sensitive. The slightest bit of negativity towards their brain trust, will result in less access, shorter responses from personnel, or being sent to Siberia (Edmonton).

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
My thoughts exactly. Goodrow has barely take in strides this season to earning a full-time fourth line winger job and being Efficient at it that’s a far cry from playing 3c in the playoffs. Fehr would have been my choice.

Last time I remember Tierney On the top line we got demolished first Nashville 7 to 2. I believe it was a small sample size and I can’t remember all the details but it wasn’t good

They're basing that change on how he did with Pavelski at the end of game 2 after they shuffled their lines and shortened their bench. Tierney did well enough with Pavelski to hold his own against Vegas. If both Thornton and Donskoi are out, their options are limited and adding Kane into the lineup for Donskoi means that that line needs playmaking capability which Tierney does bring. That Nashville game was an outlier for many reasons but it doesn't mean anything now. I think Tierney with Pavs and Kane is better suited to go up potentially against the Karlsson line and to a lesser extent the Haula line than he would against a line centered by Ryan Johansen who can do pretty much everything Tierney can but better while being better at puck-battling that I don't think Karlsson would be.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
It seems like a common theme with Pete is to give him credit when he does things we like and then to claim something like arrogance when he does something we don't like. I am all for constructive criticism but some of this is a little out there. Could it be that maybe he has a different perspective than armchair GMs posting on a fan board?

That out of the way... I am expecting a big effort from Kane tonight and will be loving every minute of it.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013

He did the same treatment to demelo the year we traded for polak. Healthy scratched him at the end of the year, then refused to put him in for polak because he had not played in over a month. It really is criminal IMO. A coach should ensure he has everyone ready for playoffs, which includes your #7 & # 8 D, as you can never truly plan for the odd injuries that may (usually do) occur.

Reactions: Papa Joe19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad