GDT: PDF/WCSF Sharks (3) vs Golden Knights (1) Round 2 GAME 3 7pm NBC Sports

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Tonight was also proof positive that McPhee should keep both Neal & Perron around. Felt like whenever they were out there, together or separately, they were both causing havoc in the Sharks end.

It was obvious that the guys were nervous to start the first period, but all 3 cagey veterans, Fleury included, were pivotal in steadying the ship.

If the plan was to replace either one of them with Tatar, McPhee better have a solid Plan B.

Neal has been steady throughout the playoffs. Bad luck has stopped him from having 3 to 4 more goals in the playoffs. He has been great at puck possession and finding the open guy. His presence in high stress games is rubbing off on the guys with less playoff experience. If extended, I could see him being captain. Or Reilly Smith would be another guy I could see wearing the "C".

I can't see anyone taking Tatar off our hands. Most of the goals I've seen Tartar score were off of odd man rushes. I sure hope he finds chemistry with someone next season.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Neal has been steady throughout the playoffs. Bad luck has stopped him from having 3 to 4 more goals in the playoffs. He has been great at puck possession and finding the open guy. His presence in high stress games is rubbing off on the guys with less playoff experience. If extended, I could see him being captain. Or Reilly Smith would be another guy I could see wearing the "C".

I can't see anyone taking Tatar off our hands. Most of the goals I've seen Tartar score were off of odd man rushes. I sure hope he finds chemistry with someone next season.

I can see a couple teams taking a chance on Tatar for a middling prospect if the cap goes up to 80 million. After JVR and our UFAs there's not much in the way of scoring wingers this summer. There's maybe Pacioretty and Skinner but those will have high prices. Knights absolutely can't retain any more 2-3 year contracts moving forward though.

Plus Tatar is still a 20 goal scorer IMO.

Last edited:

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
That Karlsson game-winner wrister was something else. Such a beautiful shot.

Edit: Had to mention it here as well, that was a Sakic-like wrister.

Gallant is wise keeping low profile with him. The goal was awesome, but that pass to the Reilly Smith goal... it was out of this world. It's completely different thing doing these kinds of plays in a no-meaning regular season game, but in a tight playoff game. :eek:

Merrill and Perron need to cool down. Horrible penalties (Merrill crosschecking and Perron slashing) are not something you can afford. Merrill doesn't have playoff experience and it was a single penalty, but Perron well experienced in playoffs and should not go for such useless aggression like in the 2nd game. I can understand Gallant being red faced and yelling *FCK ME!*.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad