Series Discussion: PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
To be fair, what you see on the main boards is typically a vocal minority, not a representation of the true fan-base. Same goes often for Flames fans. I think we've all seen Flames representatives on the main board whom you wish would just stop talking.

Of course, but we can compare each team's small vocal minority to each other can't we?

Some fans blame their own team after a loss (us a la game 1), some blame the other team (Vancouver and us taking runs at their players), some blame the refs (Anaheim)... the ref argument is just the most annoying.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
I think we've all seen Flames representatives on the main board whom you wish would just stop talking.

xdiYwNs.gif

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
To be fair, what you see on the main boards is typically a vocal minority, not a representation of the true fan-base. Same goes often for Flames fans. I think we've all seen Flames representatives on the main board whom you wish would just stop talking.
And to be fair I did say a small number of their fans :naughty:

I was so going to say Anglesmith, but you did it so much better :laugh::laugh:

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Mikael Backlund said:
That was something I've been dreaming of, something I've told myself before the third period I was going to do ... It was an amazing feeling. It's hard to describe. I didn't believe it went in at first but when I saw all the reaction and all the fans going crazy and my teammates going crazy, it's just an unbelievable feeling. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether to jump or just skate and do a Theo Fleury. I don't think I'm the same caliber player he is so I couldn't do it.

-Flames forward Mikael Backlund on scoring the overtime winner against the Ducks in Gm. 3​

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Every loss against the Flames is a moral victory for the losing team, according to the main board. "The Ducks were better." The Flames ****ing won.

I really want to win this series. [mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Could you imagine how much more salty Ducks fans would've been if he did the Theo :laugh:

swiftz

Mar 6, 2015
The winner in the Hawks vs Ducks series in the western conference final will take the Stanley Cup home.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Saw this on my Facebook today...

6EH9HEG.jpg

Inconclusive. Inconclusive 11 years ago, inconclusive today.

Espeon

Apr 4, 2015
Picked up a ticket for game 4 a few days ago. I'm so excited to go see my first flames playoff game live

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I didn't see the game as it was too late but I saw the NHL news and replays this morning.

Your team is so much fun to watch and I hope you get past the Ducks.

GO FLAMES !!!!

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Mikael Backlund said:
That was something I've been dreaming of, something I've told myself before the third period I was going to do ... It was an amazing feeling. It's hard to describe. I didn't believe it went in at first but when I saw all the reaction and all the fans going crazy and my teammates going crazy, it's just an unbelievable feeling. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know whether to jump or just skate and do a Theo Fleury. I don't think I'm the same caliber player he is so I couldn't do it.
-Flames forward Mikael Backlund on scoring the overtime winner against the Ducks in Gm. 3​

Anyone else get emotional reading stuff like this? dunno what it is, but seeing some guys achieving parts of lifelong and struggled for dreams gets to me

Saprykin Fan

Sep 8, 2002
Visit site
awsome game

what a huge game! the ups and downs in these playoffs is going to kill me, so nervous all the time,so exciting to watch on tv, im looking to head down to calgary from camrose and looking for 2 tickets, pm me if you have some available. thanks

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
[NHL]819775[/NHL]

I don't think anyone was excited as Jooris, I love that kind of emotion from our guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad