Series Discussion: PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
Classiest fans I have ever had the pleasure of associating with.

Guys have a lot to look forward to...this is only the end of the beginning. :)

I honestly had written off Calgary after Gio went down...nothing but respect for these Flames. Scrappy bunch.

Wish you guys the best of luck next season and beyond. :) Duck fans won't forget how classy you fans were.
Ha, seeing this comment reminded me to respond to a question in the GDT from yesterday. Sorry if this isn't the right spot, got home late and the thread was locked...

Unlimited Chequing said:
evdog said:
so I am at the game tonite, going better than the last couple here in Anaheim!

Sitting behind this woman who was posting on Facebook the whole 1st period on her phone. Happened to read one where she was complaing how rude the flames fans were during the us anthem. During the cdn anthem some ducks fans were chanting usa usa. I leaned over and asked her if she thought that was rude. She didn't have an answer for that must have been too focused on her phone
Haha that's awesome!

Out of curiosity, how much did playoff tickets down there cost you?

Mobiandi said:
Why, because of the "Sea" and "Red" shout?

A couple Flames fans nearby yelled out Go Flames Go during the US Anthem. Sure it could be considered disrespectful, but I think it is a lot more tasteless to chant your own country's name during the singing of another country's anthem. Either way this is the playoffs, get over it.

For game 2 I paid $100, maybe 10 rows from the back. For game 5 and 7 tickets were $75 for back row, all were between red/blue lines. Great view though. For regular season I can get them in same area for $10-20/ea on Craigslist. If interested go on the Ducks site, it does not require an account like the Flames site seems to, and direct sale Ducks tickets prices are all-in, no extra fees or taxes.

It would be very feasible to fly down and see weekend games in Ana/LA at a decent cost to games in Canada. And even better now that the Pacific AHL affiliates are all local. You could also see Stockton play in San Diego or Ontario. I will be going to a lot of those next year, I can walk to SD Sports arena in 25mins from my place!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
For game 2 I paid $100, maybe 10 rows from the back. For game 5 and 7 tickets were $75 for back row, all were between red/blue lines. Great view though. For regular season I can get them in same area for $10-20/ea on Craigslist. If interested go on the Ducks site, it does not require an account like the Flames site seems to, and direct sale Ducks tickets prices are all-in, no extra fees or taxes.

So playoff games aren't that much higher than regular season games at the Honda Center. I paid $60 off Stub Hub for around the same location in January. Last time I sat that close at the Dome was in the late 90's when our stadium was bare ass empty and we helped ourselves to those seats cause nobody cared.

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
Definitely try Craigslist next time for regular season games. I have always gotten great seats and never paid more than $20. Most of the time you can meet the seller at Honda Center.

evdog

Oct 15, 2014
San diego
FWIW, just looked at Ducks ticket prices for WCF. They start at $135, the $100 seat I had is now $155. Guess I won't be going to anymore games!

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
FWIW, just looked at Ducks ticket prices for WCF. They start at $135, the $100 seat I had is now $155. Guess I won't be going to anymore games!
jDWxJ.gif

Cheapest option in Calgary (for the worst seat in the building) was nearly $200/ticket. Double that if you want out of the nosebleeds.

May 27, 2012
Earth
I know there is a difference in playoffs, season and teams...but how much are seats within the first 5 rows in the Saddledome? Thinking I will make a trip there to watch a game within the next couple of years. When I went to Ottawa for the game I was in the second row and it cost $120.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I know there is a difference in playoffs, season and teams...but how much are seats within the first 5 rows in the Saddledome? Thinking I will make a trip there to watch a game within the next couple of years. When I went to Ottawa for the game I was in the second row and it cost $120.

Door price is around $160 if I recall, or $250 for club seats and/or the first row of the second deck.

Heh. I remember when they were $20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad