PDF: (1) Anaheim Ducks vs. (3) Calgary Flames (Series 1-0 ANA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Anaheim actually has a competent defense core, their superstar forwards won't take s*** from Ferland and they won't get shutdown by Russell-Wideman lol

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Ducks always have trouble against speedy teams. This might be closer that you think.

Banner

Jan 12, 2012
Ducks in 7. Flames give them trouble but the better team takes it in the end.

Kronwalled8*

Jul 30, 2014
Anaheim actually has a competent defense core, their superstar forwards won't take s*** from Ferland and they won't get shutdown by Russell-Wideman lol

Actually Wideman and Russell have been shutting down a lot of top lines this year.

If the flames beat the ducks (without their captain Gio mind you!), this would be a mighty impressive accomplishment. The flames without Gio is like the ducks without Getzlaf.

I do think the flames will miss Gio badly in this series and his absense will eventually catch up to them. Gio makes Brodie so much better.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Anaheim with a clear road to the Conference finals.

Calgary has been a great story but if they continue to get hemmed in their zone like they did against Vancouver, I think Anaheim takes this rather easily. I also think the emergence of Anderssen for Anaheim has really put them over the top.

Ducks in 5.

ChaseANA

Apr 12, 2015
Actually Wideman and Russell have been shutting down a lot of top lines this year.

If the flames beat the ducks (without their captain Gio mind you!), this would be a mighty impressive accomplishment. The flames without Gio is like the ducks without Getzlaf.

I do think the flames will miss Gio badly in this series and his absense will eventually catch up to them.

From a leadership standpoint, yes. From a production standpoint.... no.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
As much as I'm lovin' the Flames heart, I don't think they can handle the Ducks. Ducks in 5.

I'm pretty partial from a viewer point of view. If Anaheim wins I'm glad for Kesler; if Calgary wins I'm glad the kids have so much heart.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
Calgary is in tough for sure but as Friedman said, "they lost 20 straight in Anaheim so they will probably win the series". :laugh:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The last time the Flames won at Honda Center, Getzlaf and Perry were still in the AHL.

Just saying. Obviously anything can happen, but I say Ducks in 5 or 6. Calgary may pull one away at home.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
The Canucks were able to hem the Flames up in their own zone for a large portion of the series but they didn't have the scoring depth to convert anything. The Ducks seem to have it this year

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I'll be interested to see if Ferland continues to get away with charging and late hits. If he starts getting called that would indicate the refs conned the Canucks.

Trollmark*

Go Ducks Go!!

tumblr_mfsijxZoOE1qcgmrxo1_500.gif

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
How cute the Flame fans thinking they will actually beat the ducks!! :laugh: Seriously, Van and Calgary were likely the 2 worse teams in the playoffs this year...now you are actually facing a high end team...

Cinderella turns back into a pumpkin....though the Flames might win 2 games......Ducks in 5 or 6....without doubt!

jferguson

Jun 6, 2012
Calgary AB
Ducks sweep again. As a Calgarian Ducks fan, this is a dream come true.

Although I think it will be cheaper to fly to Anaheim, see the game and get a hotel than it will be to see the game here in Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad