Post-Game Talk: Payback

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
People shit on us saying we have no defence or Goaltending. Drai mentioned they were in a funk after all star break and some scores there reflected that . Other then that blemish, GAA has been low.
In saying that, if they ship out Ceci, Im onboard with that. WOuld really like a Top 6 RW as well
I get it to some degree as come playoffs in a 7 game series coaching becomes big and a good coach might be able to expose our players.

With that being said who's to say we don't expose these other teams who aren't exactly perfect. Vezina candidate Hellebuyck has allowed 20 goals his last 6 games. Demko in his last 7 can't go more than one game without following it up with 4 or more in the back of the net. But no Edmonton is the only one with issues, lol. And considering our shit start we are top 10 in goals allowed per game.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Not a massive fan of chewing out a single player after a tight win, where they only gave up one. But...

Dear god Ceci, even after a demotion to the 3rd pairing he's still guilty of cheating up ice for no reason. I'm pretty sure Kulak faced more 2 on 1s last night than he has in the last 3 months playing with Vinny. There's no reason why he can't play a safe simple game, like Kulak or Desharnais (It's what he did in his first year here), but he just keeps trying to force plays.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Nuge makes a real difference on defense at center. If the Oilers can land another scoring winger, could be a smart switch when defending leads in the postseason.

Reactions: GOilers88

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Ever since what I think was his worst game ever played against the Flames two weeks ago, Leon has completely corrected himself. He's back to charging up and down the ice again and forcing himself on the game and when he does that he is almost unstoppable. This is usually around the time of year where he takes his game up a gear and he's right on cue here.

Agree with the poster above on Ceci. If he changed nothing else other than just not pinching in the neutral zone anymore we all might not be talking about the need to trade him. He just can't seem to help it though. These pinches are going to get him shipped off the team.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I get it to some degree as come playoffs in a 7 game series coaching becomes big and a good coach might be able to expose our players.

With that being said who's to say we don't expose these other teams who aren't exactly perfect. Vezina candidate Hellebuyck has allowed 20 goals his last 6 games. Demko in his last 7 can't go more than one game without following it up with 4 or more in the back of the net. But no Edmonton is the only one with issues, lol. And considering our shit start we are top 10 in goals allowed per game.
ever since we landed McJesus, we have been hated. I actually wish we had of lost the draft lotto a few times . Not when we won McDavid though, but Yakupov draft,

Almost as bad as Oiler fans going over to CP for no real reason.

Have no idea why people go there or why they care what Flames fans think

They might need to bring back the 8 second Don Cherry delay if they go to more sound bites lol
plus we live in a very soft world now

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Not a massive fan of chewing out a single player after a tight win, where they only gave up one. But...

Dear god Ceci, even after a demotion to the 3rd pairing he's still guilty of cheating up ice for no reason. I'm pretty sure Kulak faced more 2 on 1s last night than he has in the last 3 months playing with Vinny. There's no reason why he can't play a safe simple game, like Kulak or Desharnais (It's what he did in his first year here), but he just keeps trying to force plays.
Coffey did say all he wanted them to do was make plays.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
The only player on Draisaitls side of the Ice was a Bruins defensemen, the pass went through traffic but the shot was not. Kulak (I think) I was the only Oiler back on the Bruins Goal as Ceci went to get a pack of smokes.
Rnh covered for Cecil, kulak decided to be in no man’s land and skinner didn’t bail him out.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Just a couple of notes from my trip to TD Garden last night. Take them for what they are worth, I may or may not have had a recently legalized substance which altered my attention/focus.
  • I thought Desharnais was very strong last night, up close (I was directly behind Oilers net, 15 rows up) you really notice his wingspan (it feels like nearly half the width of the rink) and just how many plays he breaks up with his stick.
  • Nurse obviously has confidence in the new partner. He was jumping WAY up in plays all night.
  • Man, you really notice just how strong the PK was, from my angle those passing lanes looked especially narrow. Have they tightened the diamond up? Looked different to me.
  • Our PP is a thing of beauty, even when it doesn't score.
  • Janmark looks totally out of place with RNH and Kane... killed a lot of plays (and I saw Kane wince/curse at least a couple of times). Thankfully Henrique should really help out.
  • Overall I was very impressed with our defensive game
  • Skinner made some great saves, especially that blocker save at the end of the 1st when he was down and out, WOW.
  • Also Bruins fans are nasty, even in the lower bowl. It's a few rotten apples to be sure, but you can be ASSURED there will be a few Massholes within shouting distance wherever you go in that barn.

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad