Pre-Game Talk: Payback game. SENS in Carolina. Mon 7pm on TSN

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
If they keep playing like this the rest of the season, if I were Duchene I would pack my shit and get out of here.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Foegele??

sCJRv4hmKwDl.jpg

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I was curious why we have Sexton playing for the Ottawa Senators, so I went on HockeyDB, he's got average stats.

Than I saw that he was born in Kanata...

:/

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That was the slowest 3-1 I've ever seen. 0 chance of scoring when you telegraph a cross ice pass and then dish it at a cool 4km/h.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Harpur doesn’t seem like a guy I want in our top 4 long term.

Tough to say honestly. Dmen take time and he hasn't played 50 NHL games yet. He has good tools with size, skating and good vision but he's very inconsistent which is normal at this point.

Some nights he looks very good, some nights he looks lost. He has the ability to make good passes out the zone but sometimes he'll take too much risk.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lol there’s only 2 good players in there

Well that’s certainly not fair to several guys. Garbage players don’t score 4 goals in a playoffs game

Duchene : 60-70 pts center, 1st liner

Hoffman : 60-70 pts sniper, 1st liner

Ryan : 40-60 pts playmaking winger (depending on health), 2nd liner

Dzingel : blazing speed, can score and produce decent offense, 2nd liner, 3rd liner at worst

Pageau : great 3rd line center

Smith : off season but usually a great 3rd liner, can score 15-25 goals with a be in your face style

Chlapik : rookie but future 3rd liner at the minimum

Pyatt : totally fine 4th liner

Paajarvi : I’m not advocating to have him back but he can certainly do well enough on a 4th line

That’s a lineup full of holes and lines don’t make much sense as usual with Boucher but when a NHL team is having a bad season, most of the players get a bad rep. Most of them were « fine » last year

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Tough to say honestly. Dmen take time and he hasn't played 40 NHL games yet. He has good tools with size, skating and good vision but he's very inconsistent which is normal at this point.

Some nights he looks very good, some nights he looks lost. He has the ability to make good passes out the zone but sometimes he'll take too much risk.
I don’t know thats always the attitude. “Well he’s Young’s let’s see how he develops”. But some times you do just have to be like “not good enough next”. Yeah he may develop into SOMETHING but like what’s his ceiling realistically.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I don’t know thats always the attitude. “Well he’s Young’s let’s see how he develops”. But some times you do just have to be like “not good enough next”. Yeah he may develop into SOMETHING but like what’s his ceiling realistically.

Harpur needs a mean streak. Apparently he had one in the AHL from what some posters have said.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Yea for sure you're right about that, people always say that for young players but he's looked very good on many nights this season and in the playoffs last year. If he had only bad games then I wouldn't think much of him but he has showed he can play good hockey.

I think his ceiling is probably #4D which is still pretty good.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Agreed. I'm not a fan of harpur. Zero poise. Cup of Coffee guy.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If Ryan could actually stay healthy for more than 4 games in a row I still think he could be a 30-30 guy

I don’t see him scoring 30 again because he doesn’t have the shot he used to have but a 20-35 surely, depending on health and with who he plays and also what kind of system

But you never know, Gallagher had bummed hands the last 2 years but he has 28 goals this year on a offense that got blank 12 times this season.

I hope nobody takes you seriously regarding Smith. You have been heavily biased since day 1. lol i know I don’t

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad