Injury Report: Pavelski

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
And the talk that Couture is his someday replacement as Captain doesn't bode well for the team after Pavs retires or moves on.

Do alternates really take the captain role in the locker room?

Do injured players still hang out in the locker room during games? I honestly don't know. Seems like "little joe's" large presence has been underestimated, right? It had been by me, at least.

Also, do we know of its upper-body or lower? I read someone mention meniscus, but did his knee get tweaked? It looked like he hit hard in the shoulder blade area.

Edit: thanks, @JoeThorntonsRooster. I saw his knee go a tad wonky, but I have seen other players twist way worse and be fine. Maybe genetics and, erm, old age? :help:

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Karlsson dragged a mediocre Ottawa team to OT of game 7 against the Pens which is further than the Sharks and Preds got against them. Unfortunately I don't think we'll see a completely healthy Karlsson but he is the X Factor if healthy.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
I’ll admit to having been a Pavelski-doubter back in 2014, perhaps the most prominent one on this forum. I thought we should sell high on him because he would never repeat his career season. But man, Pavelski has proved me wrong every year since then. He’s got a lot of heart, as cliche as it sounds, and he takes good care of himself like Marleau and Thornton.

I was in the same boat, no lie. I thought he would age like yogurt.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose

I think a lot of us did. I did too...he was already really slow and not very big at 30 years old back in 2014. It's incredible that he hasn't fallen off a cliff. Oh and yeah, I think Couture has been a good player, but he's a pretty s**tty version of a Boyle-type leader. I'd much rather have a Blake and Pavelski-type captain. I'm gonna miss Pavelski if he leaves this summer, but I also wouldn't offer him anything over a 2yr deal at market value or a 3yr deal at a nice hometown discount.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
Still not paying him 8mil on his next contract. The yogurt is still coming...:laugh:

Do alternates really take the captain role in the locker room?

Do injured players still hang out in the locker room during games? I honestly don't know. Seems like "little joe's" large presence has been underestimated, right? It had been by me, at least.

Also, do we know of its upper-body or lower? I read someone mention meniscus, but did his knee get tweaked? It looked like he hit hard in the shoulder blade area.

Edit: thanks, @JoeThorntonsRooster. I saw his knee go a tad wonky, but I have seen other players twist way worse and be fine. Maybe genetics and, erm, old age? :help:
I'm sure he's there in the locker room but he clearly has a bench presence too that has been missing. I'm still betting someone else fills that void someday over Couture.

About Pavs fall, it was a super awkward fall backward into the boards where it meets the ice. I fell like that once and tore my shoulder (needing surgery) but the initial pain was in my neck like a severe case of whiplash. I couldn't lift my head off my pillow for a couple days because of the damage to the back of my neck.

I think a lot of us did. I did too...he was already really slow and not very big at 30 years old back in 2014. It's incredible that he hasn't fallen off a cliff. Oh and yeah, I think Couture has been a good player, but he's a pretty s**tty version of a Boyle-type leader. I'd much rather have a Blake and Pavelski-type captain. I'm gonna miss Pavelski if he leaves this summer, but I also wouldn't offer him anything over a 2yr deal at market value or a 3yr deal at a nice hometown discount.
I don't remember Boyle shitting on the team the way Couture does.

Last edited:
Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
Still not paying him 8mil on his next contract. The yogurt is still coming...:laugh:

I'm sure he's there in the locker room but he clearly has a bench presence too that has been missing. I'm still betting someone else fills that void someday over Couture.

About Pavs fall, it was a super awkward fall backward into the boards where they meet the ice. I fell like that once and tore my shoulder (needing surgery) but the initial pain was in my neck like a severe case of whiplash. I couldn't lift my head off my pillow for a couple days because of the damage to the back of my neck.

I hope he ages like this yogurt:

488a9806bb3c8a3493cc39d06a04365c.jpg

Haha, sounds like you had what we metalheads call a "bangover"!

I really am still thinking it's upper body. Like maybe rib meat or neck. I've landed on my back at an awkward angle during my BMX days and bruised the connector tissue between my ribs. It was like having a massive knot...after the initial excruciating first week of pain.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I don't remember Boyle ****ting on the team the way Couture does.

I feel like he did, but I'm not 100% sure. I meant more in the sense that they would have been more vocal, wear your heart on your sleeve, etc. type of captain whereas Pavs/Blake are more business-like and keep-it-in-house type captains. I could be wrong though lol.

Doctor Soraluce

Sep 28, 2017
I feel like he did, but I'm not 100% sure. I meant more in the sense that they would have been more vocal, wear your heart on your sleeve, etc. type of captain whereas Pavs/Blake are more business-like and keep-it-in-house type captains. I could be wrong though lol.
I loved Boyle. One of my all time favorites. He was no nonsense, straight shooter who didn't take any shit on the ice either. Couture comes off like Debbie Downer. Also I feel like they could put him on the 4th line and it would barely move the needle for the success of the team at this point. I think his playoff in 2016 was the high point of his career and it may all be down hill from there. He's just very good at picking up the garbage that his line mates leave for him.

Reactions: BigDmitriy

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Would rather they make Burns the next captain, if Pavs leaves.

Burns is that crazy guy who wear's an A. Also Burns is a ridiculously gifted human in regards to his size, strength, speed and skill and sometimes guys like that expect too much from people. Pavs is an amazing captain because he was never given anything and had to work his ass off at every level.

Personally I've always wanted Couture to be the next captain but unless this year is an outlier I'm not sure who to give it to.

Reactions: Munnyro

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Burns is that crazy guy who wear's an A. Also Burns is a ridiculously gifted human in regards to his size, strength, speed and skill and sometimes guys like that expect too much from people. Pavs is an amazing captain because he was never given anything and had to work his ass off at every level.

Personally I've always wanted Couture to be the next captain but unless this year is an outlier I'm not sure who to give it to.
Hertl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad